Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
121 - 140 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
ZE40 R110
975 Posts
I thought they were aiming for showroom models in September but maybe they are getting on the pre-order bandwagon that Tesla started 7 years ago with the model 3 two years before they were available. Hope we don’t have to wait that long 😅

·
Registered
27 Posts
I though the Megan's E-tech is build on a new pure EV platform?
If it is dedicate EV chassis from scratch, then I see little sense to have motor at the front
I must admit, it is an odd choice going for FWD,it will most likely cost them some sales and pretty obvious only reason is to keep cost down ..so let us hope it does keep cost down but i just checked the renault.fr website and looks like the prices have gone up since i last visited.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just received "exciting news" from Renault saying pre-orders will be announced this coming Thursday. Will be interested to see what they say, specs/prices (likely for a launch edition), lead times etc.

*EDIT - reread the email and talks about priority list opening, possible they won't announce much in terms of detail, but we'll see..

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,156 Posts
Configurator has gone live, and Renault are taking refundable £500 "priority list" reservations. No prices until next month.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110
975 Posts
I wonder why the UK version only gets a 9" screen instead of a 12", RHD poverty spec? Cool that all versions come with AC22 + DC130 and 160KW motor, guess I will go for the cheapest equilibre version, whatever that means :)

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
1,097 Posts
I wonder why the UK version only gets a 9" screen instead of a 12", RHD poverty spec?
That's me out then. On principle if nothing else. Hate it when something so fundamental to the overall experience is downgraded for the UK. Plus, a 9 inch screen will look nothing like as immersive and useable as a 12 inch screen and makes the overall proposition much less attractive.

I presume this is the brexit effect, trying to remove cost to make it fit the price point it needs to fit in to compete with the ID.3, taking into account import duties.

The 'Late Brake Show' video did mention that he had been told the screen would be 'slightly smaller' in UK versions but didn't say how much smaller. I think a 25% reduction is a little more than 'slightly'. Its completely different.

I am glad in a way, because it really was way up my list of next car options, but after watching every video there is about it on YT, getting tape measures out to try to visualise how height and boot sizes etc will look, I was slowly going off it because it's going to be too small for us. But I was full of angst about crossing it off the list because it looks so nice and every review raves about it. Now that they have ruined the infotainment experience for UK users, my angst about crossing it off the list has gone. Goodbye Renault.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,156 Posts
I wonder why the UK version only gets a 9" screen instead of a 12", RHD poverty spec? Cool that all versions come with AC22 + DC130 and 160KW motor, guess I will go for the cheapest equilibre version, whatever that means :)
Remember that we'll also be getting a half-size glovebox, because they can't flip the fusebox with the rest of the dashboard.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110
975 Posts
I'm torn between a Megane and a Cupra Born, I need Tesla Bjorn to test the Megane for me but doesn't sound like Norway are getting any Meganes any time soon. Oh well trusty Zoe for now, will be braving the limited 22AC charging options down to London tomorrow, if I had a CCS car I guess it wouldn't be as much fun 😄

·
Registered
19 Posts
Configurator has gone live, and Renault are taking refundable £500 "priority list" reservations. No prices until next month.

Sadly, not yet available to order here in Ireland. Enjoy it over there, but please leave at least one LHD for me ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's me out then. On principle if nothing else. Hate it when something so fundamental to the overall experience is downgraded for the UK. Plus, a 9 inch screen will look nothing like as immersive and useable as a 12 inch screen and makes the overall proposition much less attractive.

I presume this is the brexit effect, trying to remove cost to make it fit the price point it needs to fit in to compete with the ID.3, taking into account import duties.

The 'Late Brake Show' video did mention that he had been told the screen would be 'slightly smaller' in UK versions but didn't say how much smaller. I think a 25% reduction is a little more than 'slightly'. Its completely different.

I am glad in a way, because it really was way up my list of next car options, but after watching every video there is about it on YT, getting tape measures out to try to visualise how height and boot sizes etc will look, I was slowly going off it because it's going to be too small for us. But I was full of angst about crossing it off the list because it looks so nice and every review raves about it. Now that they have ruined the infotainment experience for UK users, my angst about crossing it off the list has gone. Goodbye Renault.
Agree 100%, this is not the same EV we saw in all the reviews and glossy pictures.That small screen takes away the whole look and feel of the cabin and what happened the full leather black seats we had been promised in top trim and looked so incredible in the reviews? Hate the cheap look of the seats UK is getting.This new Megane was number one on my shortlist but reluctant to order,we do not even get the digital rear view mirror or the option of a heat pump.Also unclear what colour options are standard / free with car.Disappointing to say the least.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cost cutting, we even get the cheap seats too on the top spec unlike our friends in France and Germany. Nice one Renault.

121 - 140 of 187 Posts