Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Considering you can get the nearly new top spec RS 300 for £32k I would say it's priced too high for average Renault customers.

It should be fighting with the Stellantis group price wise imo. I was expecting the starting priced at £32k to make use of the grant £1500 to get sales. Now no grant 😅

Picking Techno trim and a colour and it's near enough £40k for a Renault. 🤣

Going to suffer like it's sister Ariya asking people for £40-60k for a Nissan.

Automotive tire Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went to a preview event at Renault in Stourbridge this afternoon, there were 4 of us there. Seemed a disappointing turnout, Kia and Nissan events I've been to a few weeks back had many times more. They didn't do a long introduction, just unveiled and talk through. Left hand drive vehicle, they are hoping to get right hand drive models in the preview in coming weeks.

The vehicle looks nice but too low and not enough space for me. Can't say I looked around it very much as the initial size disappointed me but then it is a shorter cars than the competitors.
The Zoe is a better car in my eyes and pretty much the same size with more rear space.

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
532 Posts
I went to a preview event at Renault in Stourbridge this afternoon, there were 4 of us there. Seemed a disappointing turnout, Kia and Nissan events I've been to a few weeks back had many times more. They didn't do a long introduction, just unveiled and talk through. Left hand drive vehicle, they are hoping to get right hand drive models in the preview in coming weeks.

The vehicle looks nice but too low and not enough space for me. Can't say I looked around it very much as the initial size disappointed me but then it is a shorter cars than the competitors.
The Zoe is a better car in my eyes and pretty much the same size with more rear space.
How’s so you see the ZOE as better car? What’s specifics?

·
Registered
11 Posts
How’s so you see the ZOE as better car? What’s specifics?
Zoe has room in the back in my driving position. The Mégane e-Tech seats are very low for an EV and so is the bottom of the boot (they've achieved the space in the boot by height).

Others may like it, I'd have a Zoe over it every time but then I'm not a typical Renault customer.

·
Registered
Ze50 GT Line Elmo Referral ISB2GG for mutual £50 off
532 Posts
Zoe has room in the back in my driving position. The Mégane e-Tech seats are very low for an EV and so is the bottom of the boot (they've achieved the space in the boot by height).

Others may like it, I'd have a Zoe over it every time but then I'm not a typical Renault customer.
Interesting to hear.
I do like quite a lot the space that ZOE offers, much more than it looks from outside. I’ve had it for around 2y and the only thing I’d change is the charging capabilities…

The new Megane seemed to address that, and it definitely looks odd in terms of dimensions, as it looks much bigger than it is in real life… but is that at the expense of actual usable space?
looking forward to have a look at it in real life

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
1,097 Posts

Seems shoddy to me to do a dealer unveiling with a left hand drive car. Jeez Renault, get your act together.

Being a LHD car, did it have the 12 inch screen, with a little sign on a stand nearby saying "UK specs may differ" in a tiny font size?

Interesting that you have pretty much confirmed my thoughts about it being too low without ever seeing it in the metal. It took ages of watching videos but it eventually struck me, when seeing a woman of average height stood next to it and she could have clearly got a squeegy out and cleaned the roof. My wife can't even reach the roof on her Citroen C3 Picasso.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seems shoddy to me to do a dealer unveiling with a left hand drive car. Jeez Renault, get your act together.

Being a LHD car, did it have the 12 inch screen, with a little sign on a stand nearby saying "UK specs may differ" in a tiny font size?
Looked like the 12" screen dash that was being shown. Talking to the Renault HQ staff before the unveiling they said there are 4 teams going around the dealerships and it was originally scheduled for last February. Seems they've had a great deal of time to send something over in RHD.

I was thinking and the closest comparison size wise is the Soul EV. The boot in the Kia is smaller otherwise it's superior.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
1,097 Posts
Looked like the 12" screen dash that was being shown. Talking to the Renault HQ staff before the unveiling they said there are 4 teams going around the dealerships and it was originally scheduled for last February. Seems they've had a great deal of time to send something over in RHD.

I was thinking and the closest comparison size wise is the Soul EV. The boot in the Kia is smaller otherwise it's superior.
If that is true then I think it is embarrassing. Showing people in the UK a car with an interior design spec that is not available to the UK at all. Just not funny.

161 - 180 of 185 Posts