Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this on TV yet?

If you're a fan of music I suggest muting it as it has a slightly drunken sounding woman murdering "That's Entertainment" in yet another example of this "take any old song and slow it down and it's somehow deep and wonderful" fad that should have died as soon as it started if not before... :mad::mad::mad::confused:o_O

Anyway, good to see an EV on TV, wonder if the dealers will put some effort in too?

Super Moderator
Saw it last night, it's a bit of an odd one. Like, buy a Renault Zoe, it's not as bad as a bus. And comes with a perfume dispenser.

Super Moderator
A better soundtrack would have been Muse: Unsustainable

Registered
Saw it the other day - just happy to see an actual EV ad, TBH.

Question is: why is the Zoe selling so badly?
Obvious answer is "battery lease" but didn't someone post here the other day that in Norway you can buy the battery and it's still not selling.

It's a smart looking car (slightly different but not too quirky), appears to drive well and reports indicate better range than just about anything this side of Tesla, and is priced well.

Reactions: John2

Registered
Why is the guy driving around in his own personal cone of silence? The Zoe's so quiet I can hear an ICE coming before I can see one!:p

Registered
You are right , it doesn't sell in Norway in any numbers but outsells Leaf 3:1 in France even with battery lease.
My conclusion is they have no real interest in selling them.
Saw it the other day - just happy to see an actual EV ad, TBH.

Question is: why is the Zoe selling so badly?
Obvious answer is "battery lease" but didn't someone post here the other day that in Norway you can buy the battery and it's still not selling.

It's a smart looking car (slightly different but not too quirky), appears to drive well and reports indicate better range than just about anything this side of Tesla, and is priced well.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Registered
Paul................? Matt has got it right listen and watch again. No adverts hit the spot first time but it works with the Tears for Fears re-make. You are only just a bit too young (less old) to weep like I did..... Spot on Matt:). Genius.:D

Super Moderator
Nooooooooo! That's the tune that started all this madness (pretty much, although I'm sure we could trace if further).
That cover of Mad World is from the soundtrack for Donnie Darko. I'm guessing everyone here already knows that.

I'm mostly disconnected from British popular culture. Completely disconnected before 2009. The movie didn't do well in the US.

====

Anyone know if Jasmine Thompson (who also covered Mad World) is related to Richard and/or Linda Thompson?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup. I've yet to hear one of these slow-mo covers that doesn't wind me up. It feels like when some idiot is talking slowly to someone (stereotypically a child or "subordinate") to get themselves understood. I already hear you, I got it first time round, stop it! :D

I'm hoping they'll soon do "I should be so lucky" by Kylie Minogue and the fashion will eat itself.

Aaaand breath.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts