Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it last week, can't set up account as no V5 yet.

Went to use it, today after a few days not using, and it said 'system powering up' or something similar & the large screen was completely blank. After a while a large 'T' appeared but nothing else.
Managed to get the screen working by pressing the steering 'wheels' and brake pedal together. Now any writing on the screen is overwritten & virtually unreadable. Not sure about driving it, don't want to get stranded!

What have I done wrong, any thoughts?

·
Registered
11,820 Posts
Sometimes if it's in deep sleep it needs a bit of time to wake up. You can adjust this in the energy saving settings, but then vampire drain will be higher.

Normally holding both steering wheel 'rollers' down for a few seconds should clear any issues. This is just the infotainment system so shouldn't stop you driving.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
As a bove, happens now and again but from my perspective a couple of times a month if that, once you have the app sorted out and you set heating before you leave you have the beenfit of the car being warm and toasty and fully awake too!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I received the V5 today. What do I have to do to get the account working. It says enable mobile access, in safety & security, that's doesn't seem to exist on my cars' screen. Does a 'Tesla guide for dummies' exist I bought privately so need a lot of hand holding to get going. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
You need to contact Tesla customer service and provide a copy of the v5 and your driving licence or other suitable ID to get them to add it to your My Tesla account.
They can be quick or sometimes take a nudge to get them to do it, in my case I took the V5 into West Drayton and then gave them a call after a few days when nothing happened.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Does a 'Tesla guide for dummies' exist I bought privately so need a lot of hand holding to get going. Thanks.
The official Tesla Owners Group on Facebook have a mentoring scheme, where they’ll match you up with an existing owner who can help.

if you don’t fancy that then this website, set up by TOG might be helpful

·
Registered
935 Posts
The instructions for registering are here:

The scrambled text means you need to reboot again, there are a series of reboot options (see below) but the one you did usually fixes most things

The mentouring scheme on TOG seems to be dead now from what I can see, I was allocated 2, one guy didn;t reply to a single message and the second was a mistake and both were a long time ago. The easiest way is to read the guides on tesla-info or the toguk website and then just post questions if you're still stuck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys.
I contacted the 'chat' on Tesla help page, she said to send copy of v5 & licence. Did this last week, and not heard anything, how long before they respond? I'm not even sure they got the email, they could at least acknowledge it!

On an unrelated note, since last update the maps aren't working, I get a red '! 'in a red ring, saying no navigation, schedule a service.

I suppose this will have to wait until I have an account.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts