Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - just got new Mii last week so getting to know it and not got Zappi installed yet so charging off 13A plug at moment and used one Polar chargepoint - its all a big adventure!

Noticing little things all the time and one obvious thing is that the heater always seems to set to 22 degrees each time the ignition is switched on? Am I missing something simple to change this?

Graham

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,741 Posts
You may have the timer conditioning set. My Soul always used to pick its own temperature and keep it once started, after a precondition (bad software).

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
@donald didn't Soul use cabin air to maintain the battery temperature?

Maybe it was programmed deliberately to prioritise the battery's comfort over the driver's! 😉

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,741 Posts
It only came in very very rarely and at high ambient temperatures. Cooling only, not warming.

(Well, not that I am aware of, if it heats up at -20C I couldn't say.)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Graham, welcome to the adventure.

Our 2013 e-Up also had the same behaviour mostly but not 100% of the time the heating would reset to 22. I think it's one of those things that VW think is a feature others may consider it a bug. In winter here in the frozen north ( I live close to the Scottish border ) I did enjoy it - on our few days of hot weather in summer, not so much. It was such a great car however, that I found it easy to forgive it's little idiosyncrasies.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes and at the moment that's maybe best way to view it - its very early days. We are N Lancs so perhaps a bit warmer than you but 22 still a little warm!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi - thanks for this I'd seen this guy turn off lane assist using OBD but not heating controls - but it shouldn't be needed for the heating controls to behave 'normally' - I'll see how it goes and whether I can live with it before I rush out and buy lol!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Settings in e-Up (or any other VW) can be changed with another, much cheaper app: Car Scanner ELM OBD2 (costs 5 pounds). And it shows over 200 parameters in e-Up, e-Golf, Kona, E-Niro, etc.

ObdEleven requires expensive proprietary adapter, while Car Scanner works with all ELM327 adapters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts