Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Account Abandoned
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a new T&Cs pop up on the infotainment screen.

popped up when I started car this morning.

was many pages to scroll through so didn’t really have time to read in full, but had to accept it as live services were disabled till I accepted it

couple of things I did notice that have changed,

new item that bluelink app will no longer communicate with car once ignition has been off for 4days without being restarted. So no more logging into the car while it’s in long term parking

also added that once car is 5 years old the bluelink service will terminate and they reserve the right not to offer an extension of service

probably more buried in there but didn’t have time to fully digest it before having to leave for work

The T&Cs were specific to Hyundai UK not Europe as all the details referred direct to the UK address and UK contact details

·
Registered
149 Posts
Stageshoot. This is what it said. I had camera ready when starting car.
You can only use our remote app services if the application receives live information from the vehicle. This is only possible if the ignition of the vehicle has not been switched off for longer than seven days (or four days depending on the software version installed on your infotainment system).
And yes you are right it only mentions UK. Hyundai Leatherhead and Walsall.
I find this very strange when from end of May we have to sign up to One Hyundai EU to keep Bluelink working and combine other Hyundai services as well. As in another thread.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I haven't seen th pop-up, so I looked in the terms and conditions in the Bluelink set-up in the car. They are dated October 2020 and also mention the 7 day / 4 day ignition limit. Also mentions Leatherhead and the RAC centre in Walsall (I think that's the one by junction 9 on the M6). Anyone got a date on these new terms and conditions?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I haven't seen th pop-up, so I looked in the terms and conditions in the Bluelink set-up in the car. They are dated October 2020 and also mention the 7 day / 4 day ignition limit. Also mentions Leatherhead and the RAC centre in Walsall (I think that's the one by junction 9 on the M6). Anyone got a date on these new terms and conditions?
Popped up within seconds of powering up car. Just looked at Terms of use on head unit under Bluelink and they are dated 20th May 2021.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The following is copied from a Hyundai web site news page, dated 28th August 2019. Is this the service that will stop or do the T&C's actually mean Bluelink service. If Bluelink stops then this is not accessible anyway, even with a paid subscription.
How does Hyundai LIVE Services work?
Another Bluelink function is Hyundai LIVE Services, which is available to drivers who choose navigation with the latest Hyundai models. This offers drivers up-to-the-minute information about weather, real-time traffic information, speed camera warning (where legally allowed), the nearest fuel stations with location and pricing information, real-time on- and off-street parking, live nearby dealer information and live POI search. Customers receive a five-year free subscription for this feature.

Without Bluelink the car is not worth keeping, especially in the winter, and also all year round without the LIVE services.
If this is likely to happen, then why would I pay for the 4th year service which is around £600, and 12 months after that have non of the extras that you need to make an electric vehicle a viable option.
It will be sold before the 4th service if I am uncertain of what will happen at the end of the five years.

·
Registered
Kona 64
739 Posts
Having a 2018 Kona, I have to disagree that a Kona without Bluelink is not worth keeping. Indeed following the threads on here reference Bluelink all I read is people getting frustrated with it.

If I want to preheat the car, then when I plug it in for overnight charging I set it on screen. Or more normally given that it only takes 5 minutes to defrost and turn on the heated seats/steering wheel I turn the car on whilst munching my breakfast cereal.

I would probably get sucked into using Bluelink if I had it but I have thus far managed 31,000 miles without it. I think my blood pressure is all the better for not having it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Having a 2018 Kona, I have to disagree that a Kona without Bluelink is not worth keeping. Indeed following the threads on here reference Bluelink all I read is people getting frustrated with it.

If I want to preheat the car, then when I plug it in for overnight charging I set it on screen. Or more normally given that it only takes 5 minutes to defrost and turn on the heated seats/steering wheel I turn the car on whilst munching my breakfast cereal.

I would probably get sucked into using Bluelink if I had it but I have thus far managed 31,000 miles without it. I think my blood pressure is all the better for not having it.
I've been without Bluelink for about a week now as I haven't managed to get to the dealer to sort out the modem, and I haven't really missed it. Do miss the live traffic updates though.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've been without Bluelink for about a week now as I haven't managed to get to the dealer to sort out the modem, and I haven't really missed it. Do miss the live traffic updates though.
No bluelink on my 2018 Kona but I get the live traffic updates…..

·
Registered
594 Posts
How much functionality depends on the subscription? In 5 years time when these cars are on their 2nd or 3rd owners who won't want to subscribe to anything unless they absolutely have to, what is going to suddenly stop working?

·
Registered
149 Posts

Bluelink was one of the things that drew me towards the Kona EV. I don't know when you munch your breakfast, perhaps sevenish at a guess.
I am normally munching mine any times between 01:00 and 05:00 depending on what job I am on for that day, so I have never been able to leave fossil cars warming up during those hours, and when I am on evening and night shifts the same applies at shift end before I drive home. So Bluelink is a Godsend for me especially in the winter months. It is something that I do not want to lose. Every thing about it makes my life easier and the car far more enjoyable to own.

·
Registered
Account Abandoned
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No BlueLink in our 2018 was the one real bugbear for me having come from previous EVs including the lowly Zoe that had a good system

I would not consider any car now without connectivity.

in the immortal words (well a rehash of them) from the 2001 Musical Our House

you don’t miss having the features of BlueLink like someone who has never had a chocolate hobnob doesn’t miss chocolate hobnobs

it’s such an intergral part of driving and driving information now I would not drive a car without it now

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
No BlueLink in our 2018 was the one real bugbear for me having come from previous EVs including the lowly Zoe that had a good system

I would not consider any car now without connectivity.

in the immortal words (well a rehash of them) from the 2001 Musical Our House

you don’t miss having the features of BlueLink like someone who has never had a chocolate hobnob doesn’t miss chocolate hobnobs

it’s such an intergral part of driving and driving information now I would not drive a car without it now
Interesting. Had it on my i3, don’t have it on my Kona. Never once missed having it and certainly do not miss having to phaff about trying to get it working.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Interesting. Had it on my i3, don’t have it on my Kona. Never once missed having it and certainly do not miss having to phaff about trying to get it working.
A key fob style clicker to turn on a quick 5 minute heating or cooling blast whether or not plugged in would be a nice thing.
Don't think complication of an app should really be required to deliver that. Then again I've never had an app for a car so I suppose I don't really know what extra wonderfulness I've missed out on.

·
Registered
Account Abandoned
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For me the main ones are the remote locking, the number of times I walk away from the bloody car and get a text 5 mins later to say the car is unlocked do I want to lock it (Of course I do why not just do it when I walk away).

Being able to remote monitor charging, so important have had to run back to a charger multiple times when a charge has failed.. So much wasted time saved

Remote Cooling Start in summer, Godsend when on the tram or bus heading back to a park n ride 10mins out get the cooling or heating going.

And I love the things they are adding like the new Valet mode (Great when leaving it with the kids!)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have never found it a phaff to install it, just a few instructions to follow involving the car and your phone. As mentioned in another thread last week I self deactivated Bluelink on the car and then reactivated it and within minutes I was in again. Another thing about this is users not trying it, I am not insulting anyone OK. But it is like a child who won't eat a certain item of food, because they don't like it, they turn their nose up at it but have not even tasted it. Give it a go. You might just love it. :love: I know I do.

Just a polite reminder to users of Bluelink who might not be aware of the following.
Your Bluelink will stop working on June 1st if you have not linked it to a One Hyundai account. (Well that's what Hyundai say)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Are these new T&Cs only for people who have updated to the newest Infotainment version? Mine is still the old 3-tile version (I’m happy with it) and I’ve not seen any new T&Cs pop up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts