Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
MG4
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a new T&Cs pop up on the infotainment screen.

popped up when I started car this morning.

was many pages to scroll through so didn’t really have time to read in full, but had to accept it as live services were disabled till I accepted it

couple of things I did notice that have changed,

new item that bluelink app will no longer communicate with car once ignition has been off for 4days without being restarted. So no more logging into the car while it’s in long term parking

also added that once car is 5 years old the bluelink service will terminate and they reserve the right not to offer an extension of service

probably more buried in there but didn’t have time to fully digest it before having to leave for work

The T&Cs were specific to Hyundai UK not Europe as all the details referred direct to the UK address and UK contact details

· Registered
MG4
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No BlueLink in our 2018 was the one real bugbear for me having come from previous EVs including the lowly Zoe that had a good system

I would not consider any car now without connectivity.

in the immortal words (well a rehash of them) from the 2001 Musical Our House

you don’t miss having the features of BlueLink like someone who has never had a chocolate hobnob doesn’t miss chocolate hobnobs

it’s such an intergral part of driving and driving information now I would not drive a car without it now

· Registered
MG4
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting. Had it on my i3, don’t have it on my Kona. Never once missed having it and certainly do not miss having to phaff about trying to get it working.
For me the main ones are the remote locking, the number of times I walk away from the bloody car and get a text 5 mins later to say the car is unlocked do I want to lock it (Of course I do why not just do it when I walk away).

Being able to remote monitor charging, so important have had to run back to a charger multiple times when a charge has failed.. So much wasted time saved

Remote Cooling Start in summer, Godsend when on the tram or bus heading back to a park n ride 10mins out get the cooling or heating going.

And I love the things they are adding like the new Valet mode (Great when leaving it with the kids!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.