Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have had my new Leaf for a week now and love it. I have had some problems with Carwings. It allows me to talk to the car in that I can turn on climate control, download routes, and see charge state, but it says I have only done 1.1 miles under driving history and shows nothing for the last two days despite having traveled 100 miles. Nissan have referred me back to the dealer which I think is odd.
Their route planner still seems to need work. It gets confused such as telling me a route cannot be downloaded as it has more than 5 way-points despite actually only having one.
Fully charged without eco mode on it tells me I have a range of 88 miles.
I have inserted an SDHC card in slot A in order to do backups, but now can't remember where I found the command to do it. Back to the handbook for me.
I was pleased to see that Nissan now knows about the mains outlet (not a charging point) on the front of my house. The only problem is that when you select it from the car display, there is no number to call to access it. Anyone know how you get your details updated to Nissan regarding your charging availability?

Attachments

Super Moderator
Welcome aboard David!

Carwings will always be 2-3 days behind, or sometimes longer. For me the driving history is not that reliable, it misses some trips and reports the energy usage incorrectly every single time. It's good for checking on charge level or starting the climate control though.

As for the route planner, it will count the charge stops as waypoints. Split the trip into 2 and it will work. Personally I've given up with it and just pop the postcodes I need on a bit of paper or into my phone...

Once you've visited a charger though you know where it is, and so does the car, you'll get to know the corridors you can use with the chargers.

Also worth noting, on your map you have two charger icons. The ones that look like petrol pumps are the "30 minute" rapid chargers, the ones that look more like a domestic plug could e anything from a 7kw post to a 3 pin plug.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard David!

Carwings will always be 2-3 days behind, or sometimes longer. For me the driving history is not that reliable, it misses some trips and reports the energy usage incorrectly every single time. It's good for checking on charge level or starting the climate control though.

As for the route planner, it will count the charge stops as waypoints. Split the trip into 2 and it will work. Personally I've given up with it and just pop the postcodes I need on a bit of paper or into my phone...

Once you've visited a charger though you know where it is, and so does the car, you'll get to know the corridors you can use with the chargers.

Also worth noting, on your map you have two charger icons. The ones that look like petrol pumps are the "30 minute" rapid chargers, the ones that look more like a domestic plug could e anything from a 7kw post to a 3 pin plug.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, Edd.
I did split the route and uploaded the two halves.

Yes I was surprised that although ZAP MAPS showed fast chargers at say Taunton and Plymouth, that the route planner either didn't know of them or chose not to use them.
BTW do you know why some private house charging points have contact info and others (like mine ) do not?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts