Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need some new boots for my EV .. decided to use www.blackcircles.com for a number of reasons.
  • They are quick, simple and easy to use. - the price on the website is what you pay no hidden extras, and you choose which garage does the job.
  • The prices are great. - The total fitting price I paid was £20 less than the fitter could get wholesale! seems there are some greedy little piggies in the tyre supply chain..
  • They support EV's - Black Circles to sponsor Formula E TV coverage.
I was really surprised when the fitter showed me the tires I had bought, on his system at wholesale price £20 more than I had paid (including fitting).. If I ran a tire fitting business I'd be changing my supplier immediately!

I was also surprised at the price of the standard tires for the Ampera I was expecting them to be a lot less than I was paying for the tires on my old Merc since it had silly wide low profile AMG rims. makes me wonder how much the tires on the i3 will be since they are a fairly uncommon size.. has anyone found out yet?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Didn't work out that great when I looked (can't recall) for the LEAF. Costco was the cheapest for me.
So how did that compare to a high street fitter?

Not much choice available there then for a 155/70 R19 84Q but at £133 from BlackCircles (£150 fitted) it's in the same ball park as the 215/55R17 on the Ampera.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Costco currently offering £70 off 4 Michelin tyres (any type) for 17"-18" and £30 off 2 tyres
off what though.. I can't seem to find anything on the website.. (that's failing point 1 above!)

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Not much choice available there then for a 155/70 R19 84Q but at £133 from BlackCircles (£150 fitted) it's in the same ball park as the 215/55R17 on the Ampera.
There isn't any choice for i3 tyres, only Bridgestone make them.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's an illustration of why I was surprised enough to actually post.
High street fitter National Tyres verses Black Circles on an efficient tyre for the Ampera:
1.PNG
In the end I opted for a quieter good year..

·
Registered
725 Posts
I used to use Black Circles, but switched to MyTyres because BC didn't offer the All Season I wanted (Hankook Optimo 4S). Had to sort out fitting locally myself with MyTyres. Was considering Winters for the Leaf, but with needing steels and tyres I may just change the two most worn All Seasons (have a snow rating) on the ICE... Cheapest I could find this time around seemed to be TyreLeader (seem to ship from Germany like MyTyres). But again, I will have to organise fitting. Not tried TyreLeader as a supplier yet though......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts