Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all.

New to the forum. We get our e-Niro next Monday - been waiting patiently for 9 months.

I must have about 20 ‘EV’ apps now on my phone - can’t wait to begin.
If anyone has recommendations for the first 5 things to do with settings etc - I’m all ears! 😂👍🏻

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
330 Posts
1. enjoy the serenity of the 1st ride
2. configure the UVO connection and install the app
3. set the regen to Auto by holding the right paddle
4. determine if you want LKA to only beep or to also nudge the wheel and set accordingly
5. pait the phone with the car for handsfree calling. Setup Apple Carplay o Anrdoid Auto but be forewarned that the display size is ugly and it takes over the screen.

Sit down in the car and cycle through the menus. Most entries are self explanatory but for some you need to consult the manual.

I also installed a protector for the screen since it's a fingerprint magnet.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
346 Posts
Afternoon all.

New to the forum. We get our e-Niro next Monday - been waiting patiently for 9 months.

I must have about 20 ‘EV’ apps now on my phone - can’t wait to begin.
If anyone has recommendations for the first 5 things to do with settings etc - I’m all ears! 😂👍🏻
Couple of weeks into e-Niro ownership and really enjoying the car.

So many settings are personal preference so experiment with things like regen to find your default preference. I’ve set mine to max regen of 3, which is great for pottering around the local area, but I find less regen, or none at all, is good for quiet motorway driving.
I love the big screen. Someone said rainex is good for keep fingerprints at bay. Haven’t tried that.
Consensus is not to charge EV batteries to 100% unless you need to, so consider setting the max charge state for AC charging to 80% or so. You can do this by location, so it behaves in a certain way at home, which is clever.
Uvo app is a must
The owners manual is pretty awful to read but worth going through. Useful things like the charge socket emergency release that are worth knowing about.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
346 Posts
Depending on your area and charging needs it might be worth ordering rfid cards for any charge networks you might use. The Charge Your Car network, which seems to be slowly dying, often can’t communicate with chargers reliably but the rfid card works. Handily it seems the couple chargers near me that I can’t operate from the app, vend for free with a card.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live just outside Edinburgh, so have a ChargePlace Scotland card and a Shell card.
We do the odd journey down south, but was looking to probably just use apps if we can - however don’t mind getting RFID cards if need be.
What cards would people recommend?

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
346 Posts
Chargeplace Scotland and Charge Your Car are both brands run by BP chargemaster so they’re the same card with different branding. One reason I got a card was the ability to use the chargeplace Scotland point slightly north of Cairnryan.

I don’t know what the Scotland network is like, the rest of BP Chargemaster is worth using but not relying on. I’ve learned they value my call, but not enough to answer it.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
396 Posts
2 for £7.99 for The Soul. Presumably should be ok? Same seller in Germany.
I've still got the original factory peel off film in place, which seems to work quite well but would prefer something more permanent.
I've ordered some to try. There are some more expensive ones from the same seller but I don’t know what the difference is if any.
Peter

Nov 11th UPDATE: the above screen protectors came. Unfortunately they are nowhere near the right size. I had assumed the soul would be the same size screen but seemingly not so.

The Soul protectors received are 243 x 91 with square corners (10.25” diagonal)

E-Niro 2020 '4' screen is 260 x 112 with 4mm rad corners (10.25” horizontal)

So I’m going to send the exact details to the German maker in the hope they will produce a correct one for this car.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ok. So I sent the correct dimensions of my 2020 E-Niro screen to protection films. They are sending me a sample to check out. And as a result they have now added our car to their list of screen protector products...... Plenty to choose from now and hopefully they will now fit perfectly.....

Peter

·
Registered
396 Posts
I see they’ve now also added a whole raft of screen films for E-Niro on ebay....

Peter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts