Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I took delivery this morning of my first EV, an e208 GT in red. I’ll be honest I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing. I’ve been driving for 9 years, since I was 17 with a selection of uh.. rustic manual cars with my dying £500 Corsa being the final straw, but this is the first time I’ll have all the bells and whistles of a functioning, comfortable vehicle! Not only that, but with work installing free charging points, and living on the outskirts of London, it felt like a good time to start exploring the EV world. I test drove the e208, loved it, and put my lease request in and here we are!

I guess my main question is, what do I need to know? Any tricks/tips would be very much appreciated. I’ve watched a plethora of youtube videos but still feel wholly unprepared and out of my depth.

Charging
I haven’t needed to charge yet, but plan is to do almost all charging at work (20 mile round trip daily) as I live in a flat with no access to home chargers. I’m hoping this will be fairly straightforward.

Buttons
I’m not used to having features, I’ve spent the last 5 years without aircon and a functioning fuel gauge..
Ideally I need to just sit in the car for a while and work out what does what! Any guidance on things to stay away from and what to try?

Now I just need to remember to chop off the left leg and remember there is no clutch, as I remembered after doing an unplanned emergency stop on the high street..

Thanks
Ry

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,635 Posts
I have had an e-208 GT Line for about 5 months now and am very pleased with it. One negative to be aware of though. Range suffers a lot in cold weather. It’s not bad at the moment with between 160 to 180 miles possible depending on type of journey. In winter that can be 120 to 140 miles. So be prepared to see a decrease in range as we go into autumn/winter.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
842 Posts
What charging setup do you have at work?

20 miles will be easily topped up in just a couple of hours on an ordinary socket, so you don't need anything fancy (do check the socket is in decent condition), but if they have a proper charger, you could fully charge from empty in a typical work day. So you'd only need to plug in once a week in winter, less in summer.

I hadn't driven an auto for ages, but I really like it now - especially in town. Driving a manual hire care on holiday felt really clunky. Your left leg will eventually get used to it. (Technically, not an auto I suppose, since there are no real gears to automatically change - but you know what I mean...)

The gadgets and buttons, coming from a 17 year old Fabia, were very nice. I do have a bit of a love-hate relationship with user interfaces and infotainment though. I find the 208 fine, but other cars I've driven have been such a PITA to use that I'd rather not have them.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Hello and welcome to e208 ownership

with air con what is say to you is set it at a temp (20 degs works for me) and leave it on auto.

it will then heat the car when colder than 20 a d cool the car when warmer than 20

also when you use the app to turn on the ac, that’s the temp it comes on at.

I also set the auto fan speed to “soft” which means it’s not an aggressive heating and cooling. If you need to cool down quick,hit the max ac button :)

leaving aircon off for long periods is not good for the system as the fluid moving around the pipes keeps it all in good working order

As for it being an auto, you will pick that up way quicker than going back to manual haha

JJ

·
Registered
375 Posts
The main thing to learn about is the public charging network. A good way to get started is to download zap map and visit some of your local public chargers, do some mini charges so you get used to how the different chargers work and which apps you'll need to download.

Once you've done that, plan a 250+ mile road trip somewhere. Going on a long trip is the only way to fully learn about your car, how far it will go, when you need to charge, how long it takes to charge etc.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
1,168 Posts
You're in a win-win scenario. Free charging at work... even if it's only 3 pin granny charging, you'd top up your round trip mileage in about 4 hours. If it's 7kW chargers, your top it up in an hour. Your return home from work means that your car is almost fully charged, ready for any longer trips you may have planned for the weekend.

As for all the buttons... come on! You're 26 and you have a problem with new tech? Surely not. Just play around with it and most of it will fall into place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts