Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have been lurking on the forum for a couple of months now, so a I approach the delivery date for my first EV it made sense to make the step and join.

I ordered my new company car (an i3S) back in the end of December, with delivery due for the end of March according to Lex Auto Lease. I cant wait for it to arrive! Based in rural Gloucestershire my daily commute is about 30 miles each way (a mix of country lanes and B roads).

I have gone for the i3S with suite interior in Imperial blue, with Car Play, sun protection glass and front parking sensors, along with a PodPoint 7kw charge being installed at home next week.

Now in the process of getting myself set up ready to go, home electricity supply has already been sorted so it’s a case of working out what charge networks I will need to sign up to & whether I will get a Type 2 to Type 2 charger. At the moment it looks like there is a very low chance of needing one as for long journeys I will likely stick with my wife’s diesel Mercedes, paying £100+ for a wire that you don’t plan on using seems a bit of a waste. Though I wish I could spec for it to include that rather than the granny charger that I will never use…

I have already started eyeing up using the BIK / fuel savings towards a Model Y to replace the C Class next year…..

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
At the moment it looks like there is a very low chance of needing one as for long journeys I will likely stick with my wife’s diesel Mercedes, paying £100+ for a wire that you don’t plan on using seems a bit of a waste.
I suspect you'll find you want to use the i3S for the long journeys too. Then you'll be charging on rapids, and they have their own cables. The Type 2 cables are only for slow charge points, like in supermarket car parks and on street.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts