Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tekna in metallic white with a black roof.

My lovely 24 had done 98k miles and my new 65 mile commute meant me having to go too slowly, or charge as the battery had lost a little from new. (Though an impressively small amount, it still felt like new to drive. )

Do I get a 30 or stump up the extra for a 40?

Anyway I bought a 67 Reg tekna unseen from a dealer 200 miles away. Good price £18k and a fair trade in. Deal done. Delivered to work today and the old one took its place on the flatbed.

I was worried about it being tatty as it is cheaper than average. But it is mint. They were worried that the tyres were low (but legal) so they put 4 new ones on.

So a shout out to Vic Young somewhere up north. Great to deal with.

I am so glad I stumped up the extra. The leap is greater than I expected.

It’s faster than expected.
The auto cruise control is fab.
the auto steer is nice on straightish roads. It isn’t a Tesla but I didn’t expect that.
The lane departure where in rumbles the wheel is fab.
The interior trim is better than I expected with leather on the dash.
The hifi is quite a lot better.
The LCD is much nicer than the LED dash and no stupid trees!!!!
The ride is better it feels like a bigger car. The weight I guess.

I don’t like the electric handbrake as it turns itself on. The one on the 24 was only used twice for MOTs.

And the jury is out on the epedal. When on the accelerator is dulled. A bit like pressing eco, or half eco anyway.
And B has less regen than on the 24. I did 98000 exclusively in B and I got used to it.

Overall I am a very happy bunny. Just got to stop the 24 sending me emails.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,408 Posts
E pedal is weird! B mode is reasonably aggressive unless the battery is above 90% charged or so. It's weedy above 95%.

I have mine set to have the EPB to be auto off but not auto on. Check the settings on the main dash display. It doesn't come on when you put it in P either when it's set that way. I usually put it on though as my drive isn't flat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very useful advice about the handbrake. Thank you.

I was only getting 3 regen bars on lifting off on B even at 60%. They all came on on the 24. And it felt less. But maybe there are just more regen bars for when using the epedal. I’ll get used to it.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,408 Posts
That's odd. Mine does lots more than 3 bars. It's definitely in B??

How many bars do you get if you brake firmly with the normal brake pedal?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
783 Posts
Indeed, it does seem odd. The "bars" are different anyway but 3 bars decelerating from speed on B setting seems wrong unless battery charge is 100%-95%.

·
Registered
783 Posts
From my experience, it turns off itself on unsuitable roads that are too narrow or have indistinct road markings. On motorways it does seem rather pointless as I can steer a car better myself.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
From my experience, it turns off itself on unsuitable roads that are too narrow or have indistinct road markings. On motorways it does seem rather pointless as I can steer a car better myself.
I'm not referring to Lane Keep Assist which is what you mean here - I'm talking about the annoying loud buzzing noise when it thinks you are straying over the central white line. On narrow country lanes it goes off all the time.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Thanks - I have never noticed it - must have it turned off. What is called?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Thanks - I have never noticed it - must have it turned off. What is called?
It's on by default and there are two menu options next to each other you have to turn off to stop it. Without opening up the garage and going out to the car I can't remember what it is. Just try driving over the central white line with ProPilot off and you'll soon know whether it's on or not :) It's controlled by a camera - I think in the driver's side wing mirror, though I can't be sure.

Maybe I'll go out and look tomorrow then come back and edit this post...

·
Registered
783 Posts
Nothing when I drive over a white line since new. From what I recall though, when I bought it I turned everything off that I could, to avoid that sort of annoying behaviour. Then I tried out the functions one at a time. The only one I routinely use is the intelligent cruise.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Nothing when I drive over a white line since new. From what I recall though, when I bought it I turned everything off that I could, to avoid that sort of annoying behaviour. Then I tried out the functions one at a time. The only one I routinely use is the intelligent cruise.
In which case you are probably missing a lot of the car's features (which you have paid for). Just my opinion, but I would have thought it would have been better to go the other way, and leave the factory settings, just turning off the ones that annoy you. The appeal to me of the Leaf in the first place was all the bells and whistles it provided.

The one thing I missed from my previous car (ICE) was a setting to turn on drive-away door locking - you need LeafSpy and a dongle to do that.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
OK - I've now checked. Go to Settings / Driver Assistance / Lane and you'll see two settings: Lane Departure Warning and Lane Departure Prevention. If these are off in your vehicle, turn them both on and you''ll soon see why I turned them off in mine.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
OK - I've now checked. Go to Settings / Driver Assistance / Lane and you'll see two settings: Lane Departure Warning and Lane Departure Prevention. If these are off in your vehicle, turn them both on and you''ll soon see why I turned them off in mine.
When I test drove one, within half a mile the lane departure annoyed me. Gentle lane change on a 4 lane carriageway in Liverpool City centre and it was going mental.

First thing that went off in both of mine.

Reactions: rikdud and JeffG

·
Registered
783 Posts
Thanks - having a pollen filter problem just now but will check settings once I've finished - or given up. If you have time, have a look at the Leaf 40 cabin filter thread.😅

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I test drove one, within half a mile the lane departure annoyed me. Gentle lane change on a 4 lane carriageway in Liverpool City centre and it was going mental.

First thing that went off in both of mine.
It’s not an Audi so has indicators as standard.
They turn off the warning and the prevention temporarily.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts