Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went ahead and bought the ex-taxi and I must say I'm very pleased with it so far. It has 131k miles but (touch wood) it all seems to be working just fine and the LeafSpy isn't showing anything concerning. Fast charge socket ordered but managing with 3pin for the moment. Drove from Driffield to Milton Keynes yesterday, at 185miles I ended up having to stop 3 times but luckily avoided the broken chargers on the M1. Drives well but ended up having to follow a few lorries to get anywhere near a decent average speed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your van as much as I have done! The only downer for me in the last year of driving was the reduction in range during winter, which was around 50 - 55miles. And all those f ing beeps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your van as much as I have done! The only downer for me in the last year of driving was the reduction in range during winter, which was around 50 - 55miles. And all those f ing beeps.
Thanks. Yes, those beeps are getting old already.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is the ex-taxi working out? My wife wants an env for the school run (4 kids).
Brilliantly. No issues. I have removed the rear 2 seats, added liners and seat covers all round. I have done Blackpool to Milton Keynes, MK to Brighton and a few other long-ish trips but mainly I just use it locally. It only has the 3.3 charger but I haven't really noticed as I tend to leave it at 80% and then if I need more range on a given day I boost it to 100%. Not had any issues with it at all so very pleased with the purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts