Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Finland!

I ordered a brand new Zoe Ze50 R135 February 18th.
Because of the coronavirus, the delivery date has been postponed repeatedly. I've had some information from the dealer about the state of the car and this morning I got yet another bad news.

My car has a faulty battery discovered in the latest "tests" that they do to vehicles before final delivery. It was believed to be a faulty 12v battery ( not too worried about that), but biggest issue was some "strange new error codes" that no one had seen before. They will ask the manufacturer what to do with the car and how to proceed.. so my delivery will be delayed to somewhere in the future.

This is my first full EV. I really loved the car during the test drive and would love to take delivery of a good working vehicle... but i'm afraid this vehicle is faulty...what should i do?

I have a very sweet deal on my current vehicle and by cancelling I will surely loose it. But taking delivery of a problematic and faulty vehicle is intimidating.

Sry for my english, not my native language.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,781 Posts
Erm, how about let them do the PDT?

I doubt very much they will hand it over with fault codes showing.

If it’s faulty they’ll have to find you a different car.

My advice is to stop worrying.

·
Registered
204 Posts
When the 12V battery is low, the system will show all sorts of interesting fault codes. The 12V battery is probably low due to the extended delivery period.
A fixed 12V battery (either topped up or replaced) will most likely sort everything out and so nothing to worry about. However be thankful that the garage did a good delivery check! Be positive :) Worth the wait.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Likely meant PDI, pre delivery inspection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the positive messages. I will keep my order for now. Just hoping that all the error codes will get a proper fix and not just a reset.

It’s been such a long wait already. I’m currently enjoying my summer vacation and was really excited to get my new car to enjoy. Well that didn’t happen.

Can anyone of you post some new youtube videos about Zoe (new and older models). I think I’ve watched them all already :D

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally some good news today.
Got a call from my dealer and they said all the issues and error codes have been fixed. It was confirmed to be a faulty blind spot sensor that has been replaced. No word about the possibly faulty 12v battery. It’s possible that I got wrong information from the dealer to begin with (about the 12v battery) since these guys are not engineers or experts. Regardless about the missleading information, everything is fixed ( by experts and with information provided by manufacturer) and my Zoe is being shipped to my local dealer tomorrow. It’s looking good that I might get the delivery during this week!!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,150 Posts
Finally some good news today.
Got a call from my dealer and they said all the issues and error codes have been fixed. It was confirmed to be a faulty blind spot sensor that has been replaced. No word about the possibly faulty 12v battery. It’s possible that I got wrong information from the dealer to begin with (about the 12v battery) since these guys are not engineers or experts. Regardless about the missleading information, everything is fixed ( by experts and with information provided by manufacturer) and my Zoe is being shipped to my local dealer tomorrow. It’s looking good that I might get the delivery during this week!!
I was told that UK dealers were under orders to test & charge or replace 12V battteries as part of PDI due to the long storage during lockdown. Dealers elsewhere must have received the same order from Renault.

EDIT - Found a copy of the PDI checklist in my docs folder. For the 12V battery it says:-

"Charge 12V battery in line with Battery Quality Plan - see Aftersales alert 2458"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts