Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mostly with some "figure on the pulse" social media shenanigans at the start.

In this one it shows how inconvenient not being able to fill up on the go is...

This one shows you how to get tailgated by an SUV...

This one shows how you can get a drum kit in the boot. But then forgets when he drives off the seats have to be (and were) down to do so...

This one drives home the "go far" message by having our two intrepid adventurers travel, wait for it, 107 miles with only one charge stop!

And there ends my cynical short film critic phase. For now. ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
No charger on the parking lot where the 107mi happy couple arrive... They should sho the LEAF charging while the two are enjoying the beach I guess.

Other than that, any effort to educate the masses about ev driving should be welcomed. Still so much fud out there. Especially the one that goes "making electricity also pollutes, so an ev is not cleaner than an ice" is very stubborn, and untrue in most cases. Maybe they can make an ad about that...

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Average consumer really doesn't give a rats whatsits about that so far as I can tell.

In reality I think these seem to be on the right track, mixture of whimsical yet with a "real" message.

Better than the "funny" ads a lot of UK companies seem to be coming up with "ooooh, how wacky and subversive are we, selling our (insert mass produced and/extremely popular thing here) with a totally weird ad and (insert random creature/man in suit here)". Urgh.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm afraid the average consumer doesn't give a toss about that indeed. However, this kind of myth has a nasty habit of being repeated until it kills any progress.

But I think in general that Tesla are doing the best thing for electric driving: they make it cool!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts