Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear EV drivers,

I am sure that you must be using one of the popular charging apps on the market.

I have observed that irrespective of any situation when you open the app, it always loads the map screen first.

But I assume that as EV driver in most of the situations you want to find nearest charging station and that's why you open the app. So i think there is a need to change the welcome screen.

Based on this assumption, I protyped a welcome screen. I would be happy to receive feedback from fellow EV drivers on the usability of this welcome screen opposed map view.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who do you work for ?
Currently I work for myself. I am really passionate about E-mobility and that is why I always try to identify gaps in user experience for EV drivers and try to address these gaps using the best possible solutions.

So what do you think of this prototyped solution?

I would be happy to hear feedback from you. It would be also great if you want point out any other pains for you and your fellow EV drivers.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If this is just another plugshare/zapmap then they already fill that role well.
To me i use these apps to plot a route days before the journey, planning is key to EV driving. Searching for a charger on the go without planning is a gamble. The amount of non-working chargers in the UK mean planning is essential to me as live data isnt possible on all networks, I spend lots of time checking charger reliability when planning a journey, this information comes from user contributions on plugshare or zapmap. Would another app get that level of user input ?
Im afraid to say you are not offering anything new or different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts