Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to open my UVO app on iPhone and was forced to install the new app 2.0.0 which I don’t like at all, but that’s for another discussion.

What I did come across which wasn’t in the old app was the average use per mile etc.
I’ve had the car from new since April and have yet to open up the settings etc in the car, as I am happy how the dealer set it up from new with the latest updates etc.
So to all you Soul owners, are the averages in the picture good or bad? B4438952-3DD0-44F3-A0E9-D94A933F0810.png

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,513 Posts
No update for Android yet.

UK, Android 11 on OnePlus phone

No idea on the averages either, very strange units...is that a total or single trip?

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The top figs in DARK are for one day 9/6/21 the rest are for dates 11/5 - 9/6/21
Not sure what “Battery Care” means either!

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,513 Posts
Ok, now it makes more sense.

The battery care is an entry in the energy screen. It is supposed to show energy expended in heating/cooling the battery pack under extreme temperatures. I have never seen anything displayed on my Soul.

Reactions: KDon

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Todor👍
5.532 miles per KWh seems high to me, considering the school run is around 22miles each time and 50% is on 60mph roads the rest is 30mph and the wife tends to have a heavy right foot, plus she drives mostly in sport.😡

·
Registered
Soul EV 2020
74 Posts
Well your latest journey was 5.7miles/kwh with the month average being 5.5 ie 352 mile range on a full charge - so I'd read the post as a stealth boast!

I'm now averaging ~5 miles/kwh in the warmer weather with occasional journeys getting to 5.4 and am perfectly happy with that.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
That’s odd, 1.5.11 is the latest showing for me

·
Registered
Soul EV 2020
74 Posts
Just curious - do your school runs start with a downhill? I ask because I've two routes - one of which has an early significant downhill then uphill the other having a gradual uphill followed by a downhill. Subjectively I get higher mile/kwh with the initial downhill. Equally an 8 mile round trip shopping run, which starts with a long downhill, routinely gives me higher miles/kwh - ie despite the fact that I've a long uphill on the return. Suspect battery is warming up more gently on the downhill?

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It starts with approx 100 yards downhill then on mostly flat 30mph roads until the 50/60mph bypass A road, which is up a steep hill for 1 mile followed by downhill 1 mile, then mostly flat 60mph.
Reverse for return journey.
Her daily journeys follow the above on 7 days a week with only minor changes.
Does that help Charleschas?

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Given the choice Edd Beesly, I wouldn’t have downloaded the 2.0.0 version as I feel it’s much more complicated for an oldy like me.😉
But when I went to open the old app it flatly refused to open and told me that “I MUST DOWNLOAD THE NEWER VERSION” and sent me directly to the new app in the App Store! so I really didn’t have a choice.
I suppose I’ll eventually get used to it, but it would have been nice to have the choice of keeping the old app. ☹

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just curious - do your school runs start with a downhill? I ask because I've two routes - one of which has an early significant downhill then uphill the other having a gradual uphill followed by a downhill. Subjectively I get higher mile/kwh with the initial downhill. Equally an 8 mile round trip shopping run, which starts with a long downhill, routinely gives me higher miles/kwh - ie despite the fact that I've a long uphill on the return. Suspect battery is warming up more gently on the downhill?
Here is the latest energy reading for her complete round trip for the school run this morning, if it helps. 5A28542D-9C09-436C-94BC-2D0CD742EFD2.png

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I wish I’d never installed the damn app now.
Went to login to the new app, entered my email and password, but this happened!
Jeez, I’d only used it to check the vehicle 3 times today. What a heap of 💩
This now happens every time I try to login!
Anyone found a work around for this?
I’ve tried removing the app completely and downloading from App Store, but it reverts to the below again when I try to login!
B187B064-5959-439B-9E12-401776EA0C99.png

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,513 Posts
@KDon I don't think this is the apps fault. I installed the new app and used it more than 3 time already (app close, new start and refresh).

There was someone reporting the same issue on another thread ( unless that was you too).

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@KDon I don't think this is the apps fault. I installed the new app and used it more than 3 time already (app close, new start and refresh).

There was someone reporting the same issue on another thread ( unless that was you too).
I too saw that someone was having trouble with the app some time last week, but as I was using the old app at the time I didn’t read the full post/posts. I did try to find the post, but to no avail.
No disrespect to you Todor, but I’m not sure how you think it’s not the fault of the app, just based on your personal experience.
It was working fine for me for a few hours, after which I logged out. Then tried to log back in and it didn’t want to know!
I will wait until tomorrow (after midnight) and try again, that’s supposing the app uses 24 Hour days starting from Midnight, if not, I’ll try again in the afternoon which will be 24 hours from the time I got locked out.
It does seem strange, but nothing about Kia’s Internet site give me much hope.
Even with the old app, at times I was unable to even get to their site, but got this instead!
9525FCA9-FBB7-477E-AEF0-F3873A3DBCB2.png

·
Registered
Soul EV 2020
74 Posts
I was interested in the uphill/downhill as a possible explanation for what looked like high km/kwh.

However i've also installed the app (both work side by side on my android) and am getting silly values - today's trips are showing 9.89/kwh (6.1miles) where the vehicle itself has been showing 8.2/kwh (5.2miles) basically a 20% overstatement.

I'm glad they've brought energy into the app, shame the 'units' setting doesnt apply to energy

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
“Both work side by side on Android”
You luck bugger to have 2 working apps, I can’t even get one to work. 😡
I think most of these apps are very flaky.
Despite me setting Miles as the measurements in the app (when it was working) it still likes to use Kilometres in the Energy consumption figures. ☹

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,513 Posts
@KDon no problem mate! Hope you get it sorted!

By the way, "miles" did not work for me either.

Reactions: KDon

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2021
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, it turns out that the new app for some reason does block people who exceed the maximum number of times they access the app, but I don’t know what that figure is. I tried to access the app just before midnight and was refused entry, but when I tried just after midnight it allowed me access!
Now I’d like to know what Kia has decided is the maximum amount of times a person can access their app in 24 hours before being locked out.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
982 Posts
Well, it turns out that the new app for some reason does block people who exceed the maximum number of times they access the app, but I don’t know what that figure is. I tried to access the app just before midnight and was refused entry, but when I tried just after midnight it allowed me access!
Now I’d like to know what Kia has decided is the maximum amount of times a person can access their app in 24 hours before being locked out.
Do you have anything else accessing UVO, an ohme api link or similar?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts