Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I found out that there are wheels made for electric vehicles and bought the Fast Wheels EV01+ for my Kia Niro EV. The EV01+ are one of four EV specific models available from this Canadian manufacturer. Lighter, more aerodynamic, and I find they have unique good looks for my Niro EV. If you want to know more about them, and the improvements they offer, you can watch this video that I made. I hope you like it.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,190 Posts
They look pretty good. I had a look to see if they do wheels for the MG ZS EV but couldn't find any.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They look pretty good. I had a look to see if they do wheels for the MG ZS EV but couldn't find any.
Sorry for the delay, I don't understand why I don't get e-mail notifications about posts here. I think the issue regarding the MG is that they are not available in North America so they can't get a vehicle to validate all specs. If you can get the hub size, width, diameter needed, and offset, then you have a good chance of finding a compatible wheel.

Do they have colour choices? Green might be a relevant choice.
Sorry for the delay, I didn't get e-mail notifications about this post. Based on what I see on their Web site there are no color choices, but you could very easily Plastidip them (spray on removable coating) and make them the color you want.

·
Registered
246 Posts
They look pretty cool but presumably it would be very difficult to recoup the cost of the wheels in electricity savings, meaning the primary benefit is extended range, right? Would be interesting to see a range test with stock wheels compared to these.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They look pretty cool but presumably it would be very difficult to recoup the cost of the wheels in electricity savings, meaning the primary benefit is extended range, right? Would be interesting to see a range test with stock wheels compared to these.
I was away on vacation, sorry for the delay in responding.
This video was made after driving the stock wheels for 1 full year so I can confirm that you get extended range, especially in city driving due to the lower weight per wheel.
When you mention recouping the cost in energy savings, that was not the objective of me getting these wheels. I bought them because I wanted a second set of wheels for the winter. This was an expense that I did not intend to recover cost on, I like the way they look.
If you are interested, here is the first video I made about these wheels, where I explain why I bought them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts