Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm using a new wallbox with my Zoe ( Q210 with 41kWh battery ) , but after 60/80 minutes it stop charging.
With CanZe I can see the following errors

This is the value while charging

I have the Zoe from 2 years and I used it always with Flexi-Charger Renault, and with 22 and 43 kW charging point with no errors.
Can you help me? Thanks

EDIT: This is the wallbox WallBox Scame 7.5 kW and it is installed in a company with no problem to use only 7.5kW

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,373 Posts
Leakage HF is a hint. Try to capture leakage graphs. I think fairly reasonable values are DC 1mA, LF (50 Hz) 50mA, HF (chopper frequency, the high pitch noise) 170 mA and EHF (HF harmonics) 80 mA when charging on a single phase outlet like the one you post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
I will try on Monday, but the only problem is that I charging the car during my working time, so I can't check the graph during the problem, but only when I'll return to the car.

Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried this morning with no errors
This is the value at starting charge

And this is after 4 hours, before I stop the charge.

·
4,373 Posts
My take: HF slightly high, not crazy (AFAIK the cutoff is 300 mA). So yeah, what can we say?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tomorrow mornig the charging stop after 2 hours.
I back to the car after 4 hours and tried to charge again.
As you can see the value start from 200 and increase up to 300. I stopped it and tried after 5 minutes in a EnelX 22kW charging point and after 5 minute at home with 10A Renault Flexicharger.
Only with the SCAME wallbox I have value so high....
What I need to check: WallBox or other?
Thanks.

·
4,373 Posts
So it is the HF, as I remember 300 mA to be cutoff value, and the earlier end of charge message hinted to it. Now here's the problem. HF leakage is created by the capacitive coupling between the internal wiring (esp in the motor) and the chassis. I heard of one other case in Belgium that ended up R offering the client another car. And they really didn't slack, had people flown in from Paris if I remember correctly. There is no way I can explain this other than a really crazy fault in the car, or ringing in the cabling, especially if it works fine on another 7.5 kW, single phase charger (note that all these details should be the same).

An extra filter may work, but it's not yours I think? It's most probably not the charger in and by itself, as basically it's just a chunky relay passing the AC to the car, but a freak combination of wiring, closeby mains transformer and "earth rays". If you are really keen on using this charger, i.e. because it is free at your employer, my advice would be to get a 16A single phase charging cable and use it at this particular charger. It will reduce the power intake of course.

Not an ideal situation and slightly frustrating, but it could do the job and would avoid an endless back and forth between Renault, SCAME, the electricity company, probably your employer, which could go on forever with no guaranteed outcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it is the HF, as I remember 300 mA to be cutoff value, and the earlier end of charge message hinted to it. Now here's the problem. HF leakage is created by the capacitive coupling between the internal wiring (esp in the motor) and the chassis. I heard of one other case in Belgium that ended up R offering the client another car. And they really didn't slack, had people flown in from Paris if I remember correctly. There is no way I can explain this other than a really crazy fault in the car, or ringing in the cabling, especially if it works fine on another 7.5 kW, single phase charger (note that all these details should be the same).
If it is a car problems, why it is the first time that it appears in the last 2 years?
I charge with no problems with the same cable on 11kW, 22kW( only 180 leak HF), or 43kW etc etc. It is the first time that I use a 7.5kW . It is at my work place and until now I used always the Flexi-Charge Renault a 14A ( with magnet). In 2 years at my work place only 2 time I founded the car with error.

16A single phase charging cable and use it at this particular charger. It will reduce the power intake of course
You say that if I use 16A it will reduce, so if I charge 64A at 43kW I will have a huge problem, right?

An extra filter may work, but it's not yours I think? It's most probably not the charger in and by itself, as basically it's just a chunky relay passing the AC to the car, but a freak combination of wiring, closeby mains transformer and "earth rays".
I can ask to electrician to try to add filter, but what kind of filter I have to ask for?

I can belive that the problem is mine. I can understand that the car is not perfect, but I never had problem with other Charging point! So I think that it is possible to do something to mitigate this problem.

Sorry if I'm insistent, but with this new wallbox I can charge in 4 hours 60/70%, with 16A I can charge only 25% so I need more day to full the battery.

Thanks a lot for your patience

·
4,373 Posts
As I said, the way I see it, it's a freak problem. All your other examples of no-problem charging have different parameters, especially re 1 and 3 phases - which makes a huge difference internally ( 1 phase requires boost mode, 3 phase buck mode) -, and charge currents. In theory, capacitive leak current is, everything else being equal (!!) dependent on voltage, not so much current, which kind of negates my theory. Then again, things are usually not as simple as a single-line theory.

The 16A suggestion is just that: to try if it at least gives a short term workable solution without massive delays and costs. I fear an "it should just work!" line of thinking, while totally reasonable, won't solve your charging "stress" any time soon.
You say that if I use 16A it will reduce, so if I charge 64A at 43kW I will have a huge problem, right?
No. I understand the line of thinking, but for instance the 3 phase charging does an entire reconfiguration of the internal charger.
I can ask to electrician to try to add filter, but what kind of filter I have to ask for?
I'd say a line filter that suppresses everything above say 500 Hz massively, as I suspect ringing/resonance of the 10KHz chopper frequency fed back into the grid. But I honestly admit, it's a "shooting from the hip" suggestion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts