Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm very happy to announce the launch of our new webshop; shop.thephoenixworks.com where we will be selling a range of Electric Vehicle charging cables, stations and accessories. We also have some great energy monitoring products with smart switching capability. We plan to increase the range of products in the shop overtime, so if anybody has any ideas please let me know. We aren't tied to any manufacturers so are open to any suggestions.

As a launch special, this weekend we have 10% off everything! That makes us the cheapest on the Internet for 5m Type 1 to Type 2 32A charging cables. Please enter the code 7jsf-10 at the checkout.

I would be very grateful if members would spread the word to friends and family.

Many thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
217 Posts
Do you know how long the power cable is on the Smappee? I don't have a plug socket near the consumer unit - but I might be able to drill a hole :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not awfully long, maybe 1.5m. We do have kits to extend the current claps using ethernet cable if it's a problem.

Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF 24kWh; Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
337 Posts
Many thanks - Ordered a 10m type 2 to type 1 cable as moving house and changing from PodPoint tethered to Rolec untethered...can't get the cars as near until the drive is re-arranged!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi all,
As a launch special, this weekend we have 10% off everything! That makes us the cheapest on the Internet for 5m Type 1 to Type 2 32A charging cables. Please enter the code 7jsf-10 at the checkout.
Matt
@Matthew Morgan Just wondering how much more flexible your 'ultra flexible' charge cables are compared to others? I guess it must be a noticeable difference if you're promoting it as a feature...?
Also, thinking of a 5m Type 2 to Type 1 I would need it by Friday so not sure if I would need to upgrade to express delivery? Would free delivery be with Royal Mail? Is 5-7 days worst case scenario?

Gary

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Gary,

We aim for 3-5 days for the free shipping, if you ordered tonight it would be posted tomorrow with a 48hr courier.

In regard to the flexibility of the cable, I'd describe most of the cables on the market as super - flexible. The conductors are tri-rated which means they are made up of 100's of strands of copper. This is what gives the cable flexibility. The sheathing is robust, waterproof and UV resistant.

Hope that helps,

Matthew

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Oh bum, only check this forum weekdays and missed the discount. nice shop though one for the bookmarks
ditto (well not the weekday thing, but didn't see this until now).

I've recently been discussing smappee on another forum - seems like a decent product, though the standard retail pack only comes with 50A current clamps (you can get 100A and 200A ones separately). For those with EVs exceeding 50A could be reasonably common so the larger ones are needed. You can extend the clamps up to about 20m using cat5e cable.

Apparently the appliance detection stuff is a bit hit and miss but overall it looks like a really good plug and play solution that will gather useful data.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We're going to be increasing the range of Smappee parts we sell very soon.

In regard to 16A leads; we can get these. We took the decision to stock 32A leads as these will allow for future upgrade of vehicle and cover all scenarios.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys,

The 10% off deal has now ended. Keep your eye on our Twitter (@TPWShop) and Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/thephoenixworks) for the latest deals and promotions.

We now have another deal running. If you use The Phoenix Works for any EV charger installation, we will give you a discount code which makes the charging leads in our shop the cheapest on the internet! This offer is also claimable retrospectively, so if you've previously had an installation carried out by The Phoenix Works contact us for a discount code.

Many thanks,

Matt

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
25,296 Posts
In regard to 16A leads; we can get these.
Any details?

10m 16A seem to go for around £155, and I am well aware that I can get a 32A lead for the same price.

But at 10m I want a physically lighter weight, easier to bend, narrower lead I can thread under the gap in my garage more easily.

...these will allow for future upgrade ...
....If I needed a lead for the future, I'd buy it in the future!! :LOL:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts