Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After recently going through the pain of finding an installer to fit my own home charge-point, I thought I'd create a website to make it much easier for everyone else and to possibly help in the adoption of EVs'.

The website allows you to search for all local installers who are able to apply for the OLEV grant on your behalf. I've tried to make it as intuitive as possible, and I've also created a few posts detailing tips, eligible vehicles and OLEV criteria.

I hope you find it useful, and if you have any feedback, happy to hear it.

https://www.chargemyev-home.co.uk/

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Some Rolec sponsorship here based on the images used????

Hope everyone realises that the OLEV database is in a mess following July change of rules as to charger minimum technical requirements.

Many of the installers listed will have never have done an installation and what is worse, will have no idea about the technical requirements and don't possess adequate testing equipment. Be aware!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had my home charge point installed by a company called Energise Energy Solutions. they are based near Doncaster but told me they have engineers all over the UK and are independent company so have a few different options for the charging points. the work was done quickly and they even sorted my grant out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all your feedback. The website uses OLEV data but hopefully makes it a bit more interactive and intuitive. There's no doubt been a big shake-up since the 'Smart' aspect of home chargers has been introduced since July 1st, and there are a number of omissions in the data, but certain aspects such as installation coverage classifications have definitely improved. Fingers crossed they're going in the right direction.

I wish we were being sponsored by Rolec, but I found a lot of copyright-free images weren't of sufficient quality, so ended up taking most of the photos for the website myself. In terms of technical requirements, it's a really good point. I'll try to flesh out some of the posts to make sure everyone understands they need to research their selection of installer thoroughly to ensure they get the best outcome.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I hope you find it useful, and if you have any feedback, happy to hear it.
It seems very good. The map is great (but shows how few there are in my area - two, both about an hour away).

This is what OLEV should be producing - not just a list you might be able to check an already chosen installer against.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
OLEV should for each named installer list how many installs they have done, and collect customer feedback as part of processing the grant, then publish the adverage of the feedback for each installer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems very good. The map is great (but shows how few there are in my area - two, both about an hour away).

This is what OLEV should be producing - not just a list you might be able to check an already chosen installer against.
If you only have two, try searching other coverage areas close to yourself, as most installers cover multiple regions.

Also, try installers with country or national coverage. You should hopefully be able to find a few more to start building a prospective list.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OLEV should for each named installer list how many installs they have done, and collect customer feedback as part of processing the grant, then publish the adverage of the feedback for each installer.
Great ideas. OLEV seems to have gone a bit quiet recently, so not sure if this is down to the current political landscape, or if there is another reason. Customers can certainly leave reviews on the website. Once there is more than one review, it will start to generate an average score (which can then be sorted).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Joe Fryer
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing