Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car 2 days and am happy. I was originally scheduled to get a Leaf but the leasing company messed me about a bit, so I ended up going for a Zoe after a re-think. Already glad to have the extra range!

Anyway, I've got 3 questions:

Every time I turn the car on the media screen comes up with a message saying ''remove metal from the charging plate to allow charging'' (or something similar)....I have to OK the message to get rid of it each time. Now, I'm guessing the charging plate is the wireless charging thing for mobiles? Anyway, it has no metal on it...in fact there's nothing on it or near it! Ideas?

Next thing, I've paired my phone via bluetooth and the Mrs' i-phone has Apple car-play up and running no problem....but I cannot turn 'data-sharing' on in the options, it's just kind of blanked out. Does this mean I need to arrange for a dealer to turn this on?....I'm guessing it's via data-sharing that I can get the My Renault app working for pre-conditioning, etc? If it's the case that I need to get a dealer to turn this on, I presume in the first instance I would contact the leasing company? (I have not leased a car before!)

Finally, when charging, can you have the heater on, etc, inside the car? Can't see any way of doing this.

An aside: Plugged it into a Chargeplace Scotland chargepoint in a village local to me this afternoon when a lady came over to ask my general opinion on ev's and the Zoe in particular (she is considering getting one). So I gave her my totally inexpert 48 hour review!

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,659 Posts
Every time I turn the car on the media screen comes up with a message saying ''remove metal from the charging plate to allow charging'' (or something similar)....I have to OK the message to get rid of it each time. Now, I'm guessing the charging plate is the wireless charging thing for mobiles? Anyway, it has no metal on it...in fact there's nothing on it or near it! Ideas?
Yes. It's the pad in front of the handbrake switch for charging your phone. Sometimes even placing a QI compatible phone there will trigger the message. If there is definitely nothing on or near the pad it may be worth mentioning to your dealer to take a look at.

Speaking of the dealer it is also worth checking for other common faults with the ZE50 to get fixed under warranty, like a creaky boot hinge, preconditioning failing to work, or a leaking door seal.

Next thing, I've paired my phone via bluetooth and the Mrs' i-phone has Apple car-play up and running no problem....but I cannot turn 'data-sharing' on in the options, it's just kind of blanked out. Does this mean I need to arrange for a dealer to turn this on?....I'm guessing it's via data-sharing that I can get the My Renault app working for pre-conditioning, etc? If it's the case that I need to get a dealer to turn this on, I presume in the first instance I would contact the leasing company? (I have not leased a car before!)
On the user selection screen there will be an option to enable connected services for the first time. You need to press that. There will then be a delay of around 72 hours to set everything up, before the app will allow you to pair with the car and work correctly. Yes, this is what you need to activate in order to remote start the preconditioning.

Finally, when charging, can you have the heater on, etc, inside the car? Can't see any way of doing this.
You can set up a preconditioning timer, or press the button to climatise now in the app. You'll need to have the doors locked to set this away, but can immediately unlock again once it's started. I don't think it works if you just try to switch the car on while charging however.

An aside: Plugged it into a Chargeplace Scotland chargepoint in a village local to me this afternoon when a lady came over to ask my general opinion on ev's and the Zoe in particular (she is considering getting one). So I gave her my totally inexpert 48 hour review!
If you charge somewhere that's busy or publicly visible you'll get this a lot. Especially at motorway service stations, people come over and ask you questions like how long to charge, how much it costs, how far it drives, general opinion of the car etc. There are lots of people who are curious and will wander over to ask you about EVs.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,810 Posts
Check you don’t have two rubber mats on the charging pad. That might cause issues.

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
99 Posts

I think you can use heating/AC while charging with pressing the START button but not pressing brake. READY on Instrument cluster is grey. The doors should be closed.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think you can use heating/AC while charging with pressing the START button but not pressing brake. READY on Instrument cluster is grey. The doors should be closed.
I think it only runs for ten mins or so if I’m not mistaken?

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,659 Posts
it insists on turning off the radio every ten minutes as well even if I've got 70% soc.
Because that's on the 12v battery not the traction battery. I'm not certain that the 12v battery is charged while the main battery is being charged. As I understand it, it only happens while the car is either switched on and running, or when the car is switched off but awake (for example opening the door just after unlocking it)

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts