Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Just to let you know that we launched our new charging and electric vehicle site this week. We hope it will be of use to SpeakEV members and would welcome your feedback/ thoughts.

The new website is built around the established UK-wide charge point map, and now offers new search tools, news, statistics and guides to electric vehicles and charging. The key areas which we believe will be of benefit EV drivers are:

1) New search functions: Enhanced ability to search the map by location,charger type and connectors; users can also now search and view only charging points which are compatible with a specific EV model. Also, Zap-Map.com now includes a unique Connector Selector to show which charger types connect with a particular EV model.

2) Improved feedback mechanisms: For EV drivers, accuracy of charging point information is crucia; to enable EV drivers or charge point owners to directly feedback on the charge point data, Zap-Map.com now includes new form to update information, report an issue or add a new charging point to the database. All data received will be reviewed by a data manager before being added to the database.

Thanks Melanie
Next Green Car and Zap-Map

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kevin
Zap-Map and related tools is free to use - but the charging point database is only available under license.

Thanks Melanie

·
Registered
551 Posts
I love Zap-Map, I find its THE easiest to use charging point map.
I also love ZCW map ... most points are on both, but there are some exceptions.

Is that why Kevin is asking for a licence ? ... if so please do 'play nice' :cool:

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
W
Hello All

Just to let you know that we launched our new charging and electric vehicle site this week. We hope it will be of use to SpeakEV members and would welcome your feedback/ thoughts.

The new website is built around the established UK-wide charge point map, and now offers new search tools, news, statistics and guides to electric vehicles and charging. The key areas which we believe will be of benefit EV drivers are:

1) New search functions: Enhanced ability to search the map by location,charger type and connectors; users can also now search and view only charging points which are compatible with a specific EV model. Also, Zap-Map.com now includes a unique Connector Selector to show which charger types connect with a particular EV model.

2) Improved feedback mechanisms: For EV drivers, accuracy of charging point information is crucia; to enable EV drivers or charge point owners to directly feedback on the charge point data, Zap-Map.com now includes new form to update information, report an issue or add a new charging point to the database. All data received will be reviewed by a data manager before being added to the database.

Thanks Melanie
Next Green Car and Zap-Map
Well Melanie - it looks nice. I looked up where I am right now, and the charger on which my car has been charging - Shrewsbury:

1. You say that it is at the Renault dealer. It is at the NISSAN dealer (although only a few yards away)
2. You say that they have a 3kw Type 2. It is a 7kw
3. You say that they have a 22kw Type 2. It is a 7kw
4. You don't have the charger at Asda
5. You don't have the charger at Toyota
6. You say that the charger at the Renault / Nissan dealer is disconnected. I've used it almost every week for the last 3 months and it's been fine.

I guess apart from the above on my first quick check it's all good

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
No, I'm interested because I think we should all support open data to ensure we stop this relentless dance around inaccurate charging station data.

I also note ZapMap has both OCM and ZCW data so I'd like to just check their license is compatible.
We should also support accurate data. It was nice to know that the charger which I have used for 3 months has not been connected:

If they are taking a feed from OCM / ZCW then attempting to impose their license on that data then this is cheeky in the extreme

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
They've relaunched their site...but looks like there's an issue with the SSL. Probably just a set up error that will be fixed soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts