Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

A friend of mine is shortly taking delivery of a new Zoe ZE50.
Wondering if someone has created a checklist of things to look out for on delivery?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,165 Posts
Hi all

A friend of mine is shortly taking delivery of a new Zoe ZE50.
Wondering if someone has created a checklist of things to look out for on delivery?

Thanks in advance.
From personal experience - Make sure the owner's manual pack is in English.
Mine was German, I need to return to the dealership tomorrow to ask for a UK pack.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
675 Posts
  • Is there a charge cable?
  • Is there sufficient charge to get home?
  • Does it charge? If 100% charged make sure you check it does charge ASAP.
  • Is the owners manual there?
  • Paintwork and body gaps.
  • Any interior damage?
  • Tyre emergency repair kit and pump.
  • Has the dealer explained how to connect the car to My Renault and provided any necessary code?
  • Is it connected to Renault and getting TomTom updates?
  • All the extras you paid for? Front mud flaps? (You need them.)
  • Renault safety kit, emergency triangle etc.
Edit: added:
  • Does the dealer know about the potential rattle in / near the tailgate due to bad spot welds? If so, have they fixed it?

·
Registered
204 Posts
On delivery of my ZE40
  • the 12V battery cover was damaged under the bonnet (unique to me)
  • the pack of paper was missing the codes to link the car to the apps (fairly common)
  • Keyless unlock didn't work (problem unique to me)
Check both keys work.
Ask them to help you activate app and enable preconditioning remotely (might not be possible - old system had a week's delay to enable this).

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,803 Posts
  • Paintwork and body gaps.
It's a Renault - the panels won't fit. Please don't set unrealistic expectations.

QUOTE="cDy, post: 2841332, member: 24377"]
  • Has the dealer explained how to connect the car to My Renault and provided any necessary code?
[/QUOTE]

You don't need a code for the ZE50.

QUOTE="cDy, post: 2841332, member: 24377"]
  • Does the dealer know about the potential rattle in / near the tailgate due to bad spot welds? If so, have they fixed it?
[/QUOTE]
This doesn't apply to all cars. Mine was fine.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,803 Posts
Ask them to help you activate app and enable preconditioning remotely (might not be possible - old system had a week's delay to enable this).
You should be able to do this at the dealership, but make sure you install the app first.

It might be useful education for the staff there, as I doubt they ever have to do it.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
675 Posts
It's a Renault - the panels won't fit. Please don't set unrealistic expectations.
My ZE40 paint and bodywork gaps are excellent, so I already have unrealistic expectations for the ZE50 we have on order!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,803 Posts
Correction - The car generates the pairing code itself for the app, in the same way as any bluetooth device.
That’s a two factor authentication. In the context of the thread we were referring to a dealer supplied code.

/pedant

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,803 Posts
My ZE40 paint and bodywork gaps are excellent, so I already have unrealistic expectations for the ZE50 we have on order!
Pics or it didn’t happen. ;)

If I show you mine then you won’t be able to un-see them on yours.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Meant to add - check they've supplied the wheel lock nuts
I’m sure they’re standard on most new cars now. The Fiesta had them when we picked that up ten years ago.

Is there anything else that should be included? I’ve watched reviews where mats are included for example.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hmmm. You must live in a very dishonest country.

View attachment 131534
Locking nuts are pointless at the best of times, but at this end of the market, the alloys are only £200 a pop at the very most. I keep meaning to swap my nuts back onto the car. The locking nuts just lead to problems down the line when an over enthusiastic tyre fitter puts too much torque through them and damages the nut or the key.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts