Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my wife picked up her new Renault Zoe GT 50 last week. We noticed some water around the doors after a Heavy rain shower Sunday. I’ve contacted the dealer and Renault. I’m interested to know if anyone else has seen this? We also have the tailgate/boot noise issue. It sounds like the boot Isn’t closed. And makes a clicking sound.
Any advice would be gratefully received. James

BD36606C-0C52-4FB8-B19C-59FF4D387DE7.jpeg

·
Registered
230 Posts
Has happened in both our Zoes. Makes for a bit more,work when cleaning but have never had water enter cabin. Would have hoped door fit would have improved with the ZE50 but heh ho

·
Registered
137 Posts
The clicking boot can be solved by buying some self adhesive felt dots and sticking them on the pressure points where the plastic on the rear door hatch comes into contact with the metalwork. Its just poor fit and finish causing the clicking.

·
Registered
587 Posts
This is normal, unless it comes into cabin you don’t have a problem, those painted bits and top seal are wet areas

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,069 Posts
We also have the tailgate/boot noise issue.
There is a known issue with a spot weld rubbing on the roof liner at the rear. Tell your dealer as Renault have informed them of a fix for this issue.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,182 Posts
As above the spotwelds on the hinges for the boot need fixing.

The Zoe has double door seals, probably because of its door design (sweeps over the roof), this water getting past the first seal is fairly common, it won't get past the second seal.... unless you fit roof bars, then a few drops will get in, but only in severe rain. Nothing to be worried about.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My new ZE50 driver door leaks. Drips inside when it's raining and I'm out and about. Dealership said the couldn't reproduce the problem and told me to bring it back when it's happening. Very irritating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the same issue few days ago. New zoe, 1 month old. Both front doors had a few drops entering the cabin during a very heavy downpour. Kinda disappointing

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,086 Posts
Letting water in is unacceptable for any new car. Especially if it drips on the driver or passenger.

I'd moan at Renualt about the dealer's attitude as well.

I'd think videoing the water coming in is the only way you are going to make them even bother to look at it. Can't reproduce the problem is often code for 'couldn't be arsed to look into it properly' .

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,155 Posts
Hey, it rains, right? What do people do when it rains but get wet? What's the issue?

·
Registered
970 Posts
You might find this older thread helpful.. Leaking door seal and dodgy fabrication?

There's a gap in the metalwork around where your leak is, I've seen elsewhere (?RZOC site), some have filled this with tape and sorted their leak. In the above thread, a small 'adjustment' to the channel sorted it.

·
29,155 Posts
You might find this older thread helpful.. Leaking door seal and dodgy fabrication?

There's a gap in the metalwork around where your leak is, I've seen elsewhere (?RZOC site), some have filled this with tape and sorted their leak. In the above thread, a small 'adjustment' to the channel sorted it.
Thanks. That explains my leak. I have a considerably displaced piece there.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I just pushed the seal hard back against car at the top and it’s stopped the leak for now, I think cos the cars sat for months the seals were new so deformed slightly

·
29,155 Posts
My seal is noticeably distorted around the feature.

I will cut a strip of stiff plastic, maybe a few trips from a milk bottle or such, and line it over the metal defect, see if that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My new ZE50 driver door leaks. Drips inside when it's raining and I'm out and about. Dealership said the couldn't reproduce the problem and told me to bring it back when it's happening. Very irritating.
Same here, boot creaks like mad, dealer can't sort it. Door seals leak water gets in the cabin, going to contact the dealer again, also see about the PreConditioning update, so will see what they say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After complaining of fb, they booked me in for service. As other reported, they could not reproduce the issue, they said they pushed the seals a bit better in but essentially i had to spend the day without car for no reason and they even asked if they could keep it overnight, which i refused as i needed it and didn’tt see the point as other people had the same feedback.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After complaining of fb, they booked me in for service. As other reported, they could not reproduce the issue, they said they pushed the seals a bit better in but essentially i had to spend the day without car for no reason and they even asked if they could keep it overnight, which i refused as i needed it and didn’tt see the point as other people had the same feedback.
Well, I’ve no problem with them keeping the car for a couple of days if that gives them time to sort it properly. The PreConditioning update takes 3 to 4 hours to complete anyway, and I probably won’t hang about waiting for that long, so they’re welcome to keep it a while.

My main concern would be if they do the same kind of a job they’ve done on the tailgate, and keep the car for 4 days only to return it ‘fixed’ but no better whatsoever. We’ll see though, I’m prepared to give them the benefit of trying again.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts