Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
State of the art 1958 and 2017
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just done a nice deal and got the GT Line R135 50KW. Part exchanged my 2017 ZE40 and got £9.5k trade in, this was on battery lease. My new deal requires 31 x payments of £76.97, considering my battery rent was £69 per month I'm well pleased. There is a final payment of £16,500 to be in 2023 but I'll probably trade again if I get the above deal.
Shame the remote aircon does not work, but the rest is well good. Best economy I got in the 40 was 4.5 in summer. I'm getting 5.2 in this one in the middle of winter:)
This was a pre-registered car with 11 miles on the clock, my ZE40 was just coming up 11k miles, and the most reliable car I have ever owned:)

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,136 Posts
I won’t declare my consumption, as I’m just a dirty foreigner and don’t count. :)
What's wrong with our freezing cold, muddy, potholed, overcrowded roads ..... oh, alright then.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,136 Posts
You will need to get some Euro-bank loans to sort them out.

Oh wait, sorry...
You stick to your mirror smooth traffic free roads in the Sun, we'll just sit here suffering waving our Union Jacks England flags on our own. ;) At least we can have green flashes on our number plates. :rolleyes:

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just looked today and I'm up to 5.5. I recon I'll get halfway to Inverness on a singe charge :cool:

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Appologies folks I was looking at the average speed. I put my reading glasses on the other day to familiarise my self with the new dash small print:unsure:. Last time I looked I was getting 3.2 to the kw:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sounds like you've fallen into the trap of using your fully owned car as full deposit, thus resulting in very low monthly payments.

Unless your ZOE in 3 years time is worth circa £9k more than your £16500 final payment (it won't be), then your monthlies on a new agreement will shoot up to to around £350 per month, unless of course you have a £9k cash deposit.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
21,633 Posts
Sounds like you've fallen into the trap of using your fully owned car as full deposit, thus resulting in very low monthly payments.
Not sure what the ‘trap’ is.

So long as the OP was fully aware, this seems like a good way to reduce the interest paid on the loan.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not sure what the ‘trap’ is.

So long as the OP was fully aware, this seems like a good way to reduce the interest paid on the loan.
To quote the OP "I'll probably trade again if I get the above deal", he most certainly won't!

I've been selling cars, for almost 20 years, I've seen PCP being sold all over the show to many who don't quite understand it; use a trade in as the deposit, they see a low monthly payment and get all excited, 3 years later they get a, shock as their payments have doubled or even more as they don't have the large deposit that they had before.

Not saying the OP is one of these, but.........!

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No I'm not unaware of the consequences, so I'm saving the difference. My previous Zoe had a battery lease of £69.00 per month original PCP of £207 x 36. My new deal is £76.85 per month battery owned so I'm shelling out £7.85 extra to drive a brand new better car with a longer range. Seemed a no brainer to me. Renault assured me the car would trade back in for the residual. I've being buying cars on finance and lease for about 30 years so know what it's all about.

I would just like Nissan do something like this with my 40kw N-Connecta when I move to the bigger battery

·
Registered
437 Posts
Seems like a good deal in comparison to your previous monthly payment, but the amount of capital you're paying off will be almost zero. £76 is quite a lot of interest for a £18k loan. The £20k additional mortgage I took out to buy my EV started at around £30 per month in interest, and that is decreasing as I pay off the capital. Interest rates are really low so you'd save a packet if you can settle the PCP sooner rather than later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts