Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Andy here. Just got our zoe and done 2 full charges so far and we are very pleased with driveability and range but the windscreen reflections are apalling and don't start me on the folding back seat - a 3 year old could have designed it better. For a car with a list price over £20k (without the battery) I really would have expected better !! I still love it but wanted to get that off my chest. Oh and the R-link ?????? It's android so can do so much more than this Renault.........

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Paul & Kevin, and sorry to start off sounding so moany but having read a few of the threads on here I am beginning to go for the "conspiracy theory" that the major manufacturers really don't want to sell EV's. The Zoe is the perfect vehicle for a second car and the EV side of it is brilliant with some impressive technology but,
I just can't believe that a human test drove it before releasing it on the public. It beggars belief that a company that has made cars for quite a few years can't master something simple like windscreen reflections or seat folding mechanisms (my old Austin Maxi had had more thought put into the seat - and that was British Leyland !).
My local Renault dealer was also unable to answer simple questions about the battery and failed to keep his promise of finding the answers and letting me know so I ended up ordering the car from 150 miles away where they were more helpful and wanted to sell me a car...........I will rant more butI will have a look though the threads first and see if my niggles have already been covered.......

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
If it helps, we had a brand new Clio company car years back. Could have been a cracking car, but it was built by primary school kids and the dealer appeared to keep bringing the same kids back for warranty work. Don't think it's all EV related just cars and car dealers. :(

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, I am sure you are right, but my Kia CEED has just done 100,000 miles with barely a murmur and was designed and built by grown-ups for a very fair price too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts