Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Nissan e-NV200 (converted campervan)
220 Posts
I use a Tesla granny cable which works fine, it was surprisingly cheap 2nd hand. The Nissan Leaf (2nd gen) cable also works. I don't think the Zoe is as fussy as people think when it comes to granny chargers, I've yet to find one that doesn't work. The Zoe is definitely fussy about the earthing, make sure the 3-pin plug you're using has a good earth or the Zoe won't charge.

The main issue with granny charging a Zoe is the chameleon charger has poor efficiency, at 10A the Q90 is only 60% efficiency, so a lot of energy and money is being wasted, the R90 is a bit better at 70%. Both motors are 90% efficient at 32A. See Renault Zoe charging time and efficiency - 🔋PushEVs

· Registered
Nissan e-NV200 (converted campervan)
220 Posts
On the subject of granny chargers, I tried recently to use my stand alone Type 2 charging cable (that came with the car) as an extension lead to the granny charger but it didn't work. It physically fits the connector - is there a reason why it doesn't work ?
The pins are slightly shorter on one of the connectors to stop people doing this, it's possible to remove 10mm from the end of the T2 charging cable connector to make it work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.