Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day three...

• Lovely drive. Really enjoying it
  • I don't see any need for anything other than eco mode. Perhaps because I'm a 50 year old dad!
  • The granny lead isn't really a good charging option - so s l o w!
  • I can't find a button to return to the the three page Kia home when you're in Carplay which seems odd. Using the Kia icon is cumbersome
  • There's a double bong that sounds occasionally when driving. No idea what it is. No clues on the dash
  • White gets dirty very quickly!
  • Initially I didn't like LKA and LFA, but it's growing on me
  • The boot seems to need a good slam. Maybe it'll loosen up
  • I've seen mention of a warning on exit if your phone is still on Qi, it isn't happening for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
The boot seems to need a good slam. Maybe it'll loosen up
Mine was too loose. There are two black bump stops, one either side in the gutters. You can screw them in and out to adjust it. Too loose and it rattles, too tight and it doesn’t latch properly.

Yours may need screwing in clockwise if there is any adjustment available to you. They may be fully screwed home already of course.

Have a play if you’re up to meddling a bit!
I've seen mention of a warning on exit if your phone is still on Qi, it isn't happening for me
It should and mine does. Are you sure your phone is charging? From memory you can switch off the charger. Do you have a light showing in the recess? Maybe if it’s off, it doesn’t detect a device.

Reactions: Badger

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good tip on boot. Thanks

Qi light is on

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Think my warning happens if I shut car off and open the drivers door.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,386 Posts
I'm the same, can't stay out too. For that size of battery, you will be better off a wallbox/ charger.
  • Android Auto is the same. That is why I have setup the star button as "Home". One press and you are back to it.
  • Double bong: check for speed camera warnings, there is a thread on the topic;

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello eNiro owners.

I currently drive a leaf. But for my next car, I'm pretty sureI want to go for an eNiro.

Out of 10, what rating would you give to the Niro?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably too early for my opinion to count, but so far I'm impressed. For me the only downside is that the boot is smaller than the Octavia it replaced.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello eNiro owners.

I currently drive a leaf. But for my next car, I'm pretty sureI want to go for an eNiro.

Out of 10, what rating would you give to the Niro?

8/10
The points lost are only minor things really - Not rated to tow currently, so can't fit a full fat tow bar, and the bike rack only tow bar (which is what we would want it for) that you can get (more easily in Europe than the UK) doesn't work with our existing bike rack - the pins that stick out from the ball to stop it being used to tow also stop our bike rack fitting.
No wireless Apple CarPlay - though you can get a third party module that plugs in to the usb port that allows this - that works pretty well, but we keep getting a blank media screen when using it after the carplay connects, until pressing a button to load a different screen, then it is fine - though that isn't an issue with the car. Finally the UVO app could be better.
No major isses with the car - it is great, the range is brilliant. The quoted range is definitely achievable, even without driving conservatively.

·
Registered
161 Posts
My first full EV. Previous car was a lexus self charge hybrid and mercedes c350e plug in hybrid. First impressions.
  1. No range anxiety. Did Warwickshire to Manchester driving as if it were a petrol car. Did 210 miles with about 40 left. I actually recharged for an hour while having a pizza but didn't need to.
  2. Packed full of tech. Auto regenerative braking is by far the best feature. I.e car auto regens by slowing down as you approach the car Infront but if there are no cars then it coasts. Exactly what my c350e used to do so very happy to see that here.
  3. Smart cruise control works perfectly.
  4. UVO app has some nice features. Especially like being able to send a destination directly to the sat Nav from the app. Mercedes never got that to work.
Only thing I don't like is the annoying jingle when I start the car and turn it off. Just no need for it. My Samsung washing machine does the same thing so perhaps South Koreans think it's cute.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only thing I don't like is the annoying jingle when I start the car and turn it off. Just no need for it. My Samsung washing machine does the same thing so perhaps South Koreans think it's cute.
On my leaf I can turn that off via the settings. I'd be surprised if it was impossible to turn off on eNiro.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
190 Posts
8/10
.. and the bike rack only tow bar (which is what we would want it for) that you can get (more easily in Europe than the UK) doesn't work with our existing bike rack - the pins that stick out from the ball to stop it being used to tow also stop our bike rack fitting.
That's easily solved with a grinder. The ball is the regular size so once the pins are off you can fit any bike rack.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
On my leaf I can turn that off via the settings. I'd be surprised if it was impossible to turn off on eNiro.
Prepare to be surprised ! :ROFLMAO:
Oh and 8.5/10 if that’s allowed.

Downsides

Arse-end gets too dirty
Can‘t permanently switch on auto-hold
Non led lights could be better

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm only 12 miles in to driving mine, but I can second most of your comments @Badger ! Eco is fine, the boot needs a firm hand, LKA and LFA are a little bit unnerving at first (especially on Yorkshire roads where the white lines are a bit hit and miss)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts