Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My names Lee and I'm a high mpg-aholic. I've also just ordered a white ampera that should be ready to collect in the middle of April.

I have had a volvo v50 drive for the last 3 years, before that I had a succession of double cab pickups.

In my last pickup I managed over 40mpg on longer runs and have had the volvo up to 80mpg on a longer run around the m25 to Southampton and back.
My lifetime mpg on the volvo is about 65mpg, but steadily getting worse.

Hoping the Ampera should see me through the magic 100mpg barrier.
I do lots of shorter journeys, 15-20 miles from home to office, but then normally do a longer day or two, so 200-400 miles a day. I average around 28-30,000 miles a year and know I can do around 33% on electric by charging at work and near home, hoping that charging whilst away can boost that to 50-60%. Maybe regenerative braking can fill in the final 40% ;)

Anyway I am really excited to be joining the EV family and hope to be able to spread the word :)

Cheers

Lee

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kevin. Thanks for the welcome.
I'm really intrigued by the regenerative braking and how that effects overall electric range on the ampera.
I was surprised how nice the drive was. Have had Priuses on holiday as hire cars which we nice enough, but the ampera feels like the next step up.
I was so intrigued by it, that it's the first new car I have bothered to test drive !

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Paul, both work for me :) will try to post photos of my ampera hooked up charging in all 4 corners of the country :)

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Hi Lee and welcome.

I picked up my new Summit White Ampera on Saturday there so will be interested to see how you get on as well. I don't quite hit your mileage as I average around 18-20k pa.

I also don't have quite so many long trips, only 80 miles roughly 3 times a month, otherwise it is a 30 mile each way commute.

Hope you enjoy the car when you get it.

Cheers,

Derek

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Derek,
Thanks, I got a decent deal from Sheffield (all my cars come from Yorkshire!) but wish I had ordered a few weeks earlier as I would be driving it by now :)
I had a choice of white or white, kept it simple anyway ;)

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
I got mine from Pentagon in Sheffield. I might just have beaten you to the punch as I was told my car was "in stock" so picked it up 10 days after I ordered it as that was the first day I could come back down from Glasgow.

Oops. Sorry if I have made you wait...........

Derek

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did laugh, as I think that you did make me wait, although if I had ordered a few days earlier then I would have been in it by now ;)

Mine is already registered, just waiting for it to arrive from Timbuktu !

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,434 Posts
I reckon I will average around the same annual mileage as you, 28 - 30,000. Daily commute is just over 100 miles so only averaging around 75 mpg at the minute and any trips to visit are around the same distance but with no convenient chargers. If only the work would install charging points!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will be interesting to see how the difference in our driving profiles for the same annual mileage world out. My daily commute is 20 miles each way, but then this week I have done cambridge to aberdeen and back, which is a touch over 1000 miles over 2 days..... Not a lot of electric would be used on that type of journey ;)

Can't wait, am getting itchy feet waiting for it now !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts