Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just bought my first EV two days ago; it's pretty much the same car I drove for three years, even the color is almost the same, though it's another world, as most of you already know.
I really liked my HEV Niro, I've got a crush on this new EV. Wow.
While in here I hope to improve my knowledge of EV cars and my English too.
Thanks in advance for what you'll be sharing.

Alberto

·
Registered
702 Posts
Salve!

You'll be telling all about charging in Italy, speriamo.. One day I want to take my MG there to visit all my friends in VdA and Piemonte. Whereabouts do you live?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ciao Sue,
I still have almost a "full tank" from the dealer so I have no experience in charging EV cars. I bet I'll soon have to learn how to feed the baby. I live near Milan, lived in Genoa thirty six years and I was born in Piemonte :)

Alberto

·
Registered
702 Posts
Impariamo con Lei! (tu?) come carricare le macchine! I'm sure there must be many of us who want to go on holiday in Italy when the current situation has settled down and would like to know of the problems.

I lived in Aosta but only speak Italian and French, not patoué or piemontais!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Impariamo con Lei! (tu?) come carricare le macchine! I'm sure there must be many of us who want to go on holiday in Italy when the current situation has settled down and would like to know of the problems.
I lived in Aosta but only speak Italian and French, not patoué or piemontais!
Ok, I succeeded i charging, both at public stations and in my garage. From now on, it's all downhill. (I hope the sentence has the same meaning in English and Italian). Have you ever been driving in Italy or outside UK? We are all driving the wrong side of the road! ;-)
Vous parlez francais? Je parle aussi piemontais, mes tantes vivent in Turin et autres villes en piemont.

Alberto

·
Registered
Kona64
1,902 Posts
Ciao Alberto
It will be interesting to hear your experiences of charging - rapid and 7kw.
Are some networks more reliable than others
Are some a joke for price ? ( Ionity levels .......
Would a tourist from outside Italy be best to get ThisApp and ThatCard .... etc

Enjoy your car, I guess it was the time in your HEV when you could glide without sound or petrol that sold you ......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ciao Alberto
It will be interesting to hear your experiences of charging - rapid and 7kw.
Are some networks more reliable than others
Are some a joke for price ? ( Ionity levels .......
Would a tourist from outside Italy be best to get ThisApp and ThatCard .... etc

Enjoy your car, I guess it was the time in your HEV when you could glide without sound or petrol that sold you ......
So far I only tried a free recharge network (@11kW), just to be sure I was able to and there were no problems with my car/cable.
EnelX should be the most reliable network and it's almost everywhere, compared to others. Prices vary from 0.40 € on quick chargers to 0.79 on fast ones.
Early this year it has become mandatory to install recharge stations on toll-motorways; we're in Italy, though, so I don't know when you'll actually be able to stop and fast-charge your EV as you can do for re-fuelling now.
You're right (is there something like "gotcha!" in this case?). It was that and the times when my HEV had to discharge the battery.

Alberto

·
Registered
702 Posts
Have you ever been driving in Italy or outside UK? We are all driving the wrong side of the road! ;-)
7 anni senza incidente! On the snow as well as I lived in the Aosta valley.

Thanks, and keep up the information! I hope to take a (slow) trip in my MG one day. It hasn't a massive range so it will take me a couple of days to get there but as I'm retired - beh..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
7 anni senza incidente! On the snow as well as I lived in the Aosta valley.

Thanks, and keep up the information! I hope to take a (slow) trip in my MG one day. It hasn't a massive range so it will take me a couple of days to get there but as I'm retired - beh..
Seven years in Tibet Val d'Aosta and no "incidenti", not bad at all with many days of ice and snow. I seldom have to drive on snow but when I did I was pretty good at it (maybe just lucky) since I scored no accidents at all. :)
I hope you'll be able to travel soon, I hope we all will be able to.

Alberto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts