Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm very new to EV's, getting 2016 Leaf 30 KWH mid-March, and thought I'd use the time to get the necessary charging cards up front were possible.
As I live around Norwich naturally I went over to the Source East website - which works fine apart from the Register, Members and Live Availability pages. Been like this for a couple of weeks and there's been no response to emails or voicemails left on the contact tel' number.
All round not very reassuring, so a few questions:
- has anyone successfully signed up and got a charge card recently?
- has Source East ceased operations?
- which alternative charging network would anyone suggest for the East of England (apart from Ecotricity obviously)?
- generally what are other peoples experiences in the East of England?

Sorry for all the questions but am both excited by the prospect of EV driving (and also stunned by how keen on EV's my wife is !) but now slightly anxious about the whole public charging network scene.

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
I had a real job two years ago, it can only be worse now.

Just use your CYC card - seems to work everywhere where Source East one that I eventually obtained did, plus more places where the Source East one didn't work (despite the charger being branded Source East!!!)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - apologies for the delayed response been working our of the country. Somewhere nice and warm and came back to find my CYC card on the door mat. So good to go!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got my source east card by using the form posted somewhere on this forum (sorry I can't remember what it was posted under) and sending it to the email address on the same post, and as they waived the fee it's good for a backup.

Edit: I joined Sourse East at the end of December 2015, so they are still worth checking out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You can join source London and it covers all the old source east..as they are no longer operating source east from what I can gather.
My brother purchased his leaf just after I purchased mine in sept 2015 and I signed up through source east. He had to join source London.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Hi
I'm very new to EV's, getting 2016 Leaf 30 KWH mid-March, and thought I'd use the time to get the necessary charging cards up front were possible.
As I live around Norwich naturally I went over to the Source East website - which works fine apart from the Register, Members and Live Availability pages. Been like this for a couple of weeks and there's been no response to emails or voicemails left on the contact tel' number.
All round not very reassuring, so a few questions:
- has anyone successfully signed up and got a charge card recently?
- has Source East ceased operations?
- which alternative charging network would anyone suggest for the East of England (apart from Ecotricity obviously)?
- generally what are other peoples experiences in the East of England?

Sorry for all the questions but am both excited by the prospect of EV driving (and also stunned by how keen on EV's my wife is !) but now slightly anxious about the whole public charging network scene.

Cheers

Tony
Hi Tony

Welcome to the BEV community.

Destination charging is not a necessity, more of a slight compensation for paying to park. What is important is the rapid charging network to enable travel out of the county. We are poorly served but not as bad as before. You will be better off with 30 kWh of course. Exning on Newmarket bypass if good on the way out but on the return you may need to stretch out the trip from Cambridge services. There are paid CYC rapids at Kings Lynn I believe. The Swaffham Green Britain Centre is useful during office hours. Colchester now has a choice of Rapids.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Been trying to register on the source east website without success this week. The main website seems to be ok but can't register or login.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts