Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

i was wondering if there are platforms or apps who show you the cheepest option to charge your car.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hey guys

i was wondering if there are platforms or apps who show you the cheepest option to charge your car.

This is a loaded question.
No there are no such apps around.

If you are looking at frequent charging, you should sign up to Polar subscription. You pay a monthly fee £7. For slow AC charging is mostly free, otherwise (rare slow and all rapid) will cost you 10.7p per kWh.

I have a polar sub though I rarely use it. Most charging happens at home.

·
Premium Member
9,831 Posts
Welcome and an interesting question IMO.

In theory a route planner could take account of charging cost and plan a lower cost one. I sort of do that manually as try to plan stops at Polar chargers due to my Plus subscription.

Maybe Zapmap could add a cost option to their route planner so we could see cost vs. journeys time. Going a long way off route to save a few quid may not be ideal ;)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Take a look at the plugsurfing website. I only just noticed this yesterday! Their map includes UK, and they're trying to build a cross-supplier layer on top of all other charger suppliers, so you get the "one app to rule them all" ! Sadly they don't seem to have all the UK chargers under their umbrella, but tap on their map and it does tell you the cost!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts