Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m thinking of getting a 40kw Zoe 2017 for around 13k but paying cash . It’s on a lease battery . I do around 10k miles a year . Am I mad thinking this is going to be an expensive wnership or am I missing a good deal ? Will I be able to buy the battery in the future? I’m all ears please help . I’m coming from an owner 24 leaf

·
Registered
86 Posts
So I’m thinking of getting a 40kw Zoe 2017 for around 13k but paying cash . It’s on a lease battery . I do around 10k miles a year . Am I mad thinking this is going to be an expensive wnership or am I missing a good deal ? Will I be able to buy the battery in the future? I’m all ears please help . I’m coming from an owner 24 leaf
I’d go for a brand new/pre reg one for 20k ish with battery included.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I’d go for a brand new/pre reg one for 20k ish with battery included.
£20k is far too high. You can get the new 52kWh version for around £22-26k depending on trim/spec.

Anything above £17k is too expensive for a battery owned ZE40 IMO. If looking at the earlier models (around 2017) then ideally about £15k.

£13k is probably at the high end for a lease Zoe. Should be able to do better than that. I don't think it will be expensive, but battery owned will likely be cheaper given your mileage.

I would go on the assumption that you will never be able to buy out the battery lease.

·
Registered
15,854 Posts
I’d work out how long you are going to run it for and factor the total battery lease into the cost.

Otherwise it’s an awesome little car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you’re not in a position to magic up an extra £7k from thin air then this looks decent:

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I'm sure the member won't appreciate this, but I personally think that car is listed too high for a private seller. Appreciate its a Q90, but you can get this from a main Renault Dealer, which if paired with the finance offer of £1,000 deposit contribution would come to £11,990 and also 2 free main dealer services.

I'm sure you could haggle a bit off the price as well if you are serious about purchasing it. £500 off is likely, so it makes it £1,000 cheaper with 2 free services and from a main dealer.

Alternatively, this battery owned model is a decent price as a 19-plate model. Mileage a little high for it's age, but certainly not astronomical. Again, haggling £500 off and then using the £1,000 finance contribution, you could be looking at £16,500 for a nearly new i-model, again with 2 free services from a main dealer.

·
Premium Member
11,015 Posts
For battery lease 10K miles will cost you £99 a month, but it is better to go for a lower mileage (say 7500) and just pay the extra miles at end. Avoids risks of paying for miles you don't end up using.

However, IMO the £299 PCH (3+23) for a new Zoe from DSG is worth thinking about. It would cost you £5400 more than battery rental. I suspect a £12K Zoe ZE40 battery lease car will lose at least £4K over next 2 years, so you would get to drive a new Zoe with CCS for not a lot extra. The market will change over next 2 years, so I think a better option than 4 year PCP.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm sure the member won't appreciate this, but I personally think that car is listed too high for a private seller. Appreciate its a Q90, but you can get this from a main Renault Dealer, which if paired with the finance offer of £1,000 deposit contribution would come to £11,990 and also 2 free main dealer services.

I'm sure you could haggle a bit off the price as well if you are serious about purchasing it. £500 off is likely, so it makes it £1,000 cheaper with 2 free services and from a main dealer.

Alternatively, this battery owned model is a decent price as a 19-plate model. Mileage a little high for it's age, but certainly not astronomical. Again, haggling £500 off and then using the £1,000 finance contribution, you could be looking at £16,500 for a nearly new i-model, again with 2 free services from a main dealer.

Where are you getting the £1000 deposit contribution and 2 free services info from?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Where are you getting the £1000 deposit contribution and 2 free services info from?
Bottom of the page:

*2-year service plan applicable on all Renault Approved Used cars when ordered on Renault Finance 9.9% APR representative.

** Deposit contribution is £1,000 for ZOE, Mégane, Scénic, Grand Scénic, Kadjar and Koleos models if purchased between 20th December 2019 and 20th January 2020.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just went thru the same process and went for a 2017 41Kwh, R110 Dynamique. 18000 miles for £10k.

I made the decision by establishing the purchase cost vs a new Zoe on PCP over 2 years.

Used Zoe
Price: £10000
Lease pa: £708
Insurance pa: £300
Depreciation Pa: £2000 (I’ll get flak for this I’m sure)

Assuming I keep the car for 2 years, sell it, that’s a total expenditure of approx £8k.

New Zoe
Deposit - £1100 ish
Lease Pa: £3228
Insurance Pa: £300
You’re insulated from the depreciation ??

After two years, you will have spent £8156

So they are very close, but you end up with nothing at the end of the PCP. Whereas with used, you might retain half the original sale value. If you keep the used car beyond four years, the net loss diminishes further compared with PCP.

All of this is is really dependant on your individual use though, milage, drivers etc..

·
Registered
436 Posts
ZE50 2 year PCH here for £6,627.63 (Deposit - £1,771.23 + £330 fee + 23 months at £196.80) for 8,000 miles. You can adjust mileage to be higher if needed. No battery lease required. So you'd be saving around £79 (?) per month.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,610 Posts
For contrast the Skoda citigo is £158 a month to lease.... Zoe isn't a cheap car now. Worth considering if it's just price that matters.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
ZE50 2 year PCH here for £6,627.63 (Deposit - £1,771.23 + £330 fee + 23 months at £196.80) for 8,000 miles. You can adjust mileage to be higher if needed. No battery lease required. So you'd be saving around £79 (?) per month.

Worth pointing out that is the Iconic R110 without CCS. The DSG PCH is a GT Line R135 with CCS.

At £7,774, it's basically deciding whether it's worth £1,147 to get CCS, the faster motor, GT Line Styling, front sensors, rear camera and the different seat trim.

·
Registered
137 Posts
£20k is far too high. You can get the new 52kWh version for around £22-26k depending on trim/spec.

Anything above £17k is too expensive for a battery owned ZE40 IMO. If looking at the earlier models (around 2017) then ideally about £15k.
Out of curiosity, my 2019 ZE40i hasn't actually depreciated since I bought it brand new during the summer. It's lost the Vat and that's it.

Looks like the prices are holding up :love: and that's using we buy any car at what would be assumed the lowest desperate for cash now price.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts