Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We are looking to rent a Tesla M3 or S for a fly drive holiday from Calgary to Vancouver. I can't find anyone who does one way rental for a Tesla. Does anyone know if such a service exists?

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
811 Posts
Its unlikely because you won't find chargers. I have seen some at the Holiday Inn in Kamloops but they will be rare as hens teeth for the most part. You are in big truck country where a tank of petrol is £25.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Maybe try renting a Chevy Volt Mk2? It's a range-extended EV, so you may be able to get 55 miles worth of electricity tucked away overnight on a mains plug? Might need an extension cord as well though!!

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
811 Posts
Maybe try renting a Chevy Volt Mk2? It's a range-extended EV, so you may be able to get 55 miles worth of electricity tucked away overnight on a mains plug? Might need an extension cord as well though!!
There are plenty of sockets for sump heaters in most car parks but I doubt they carry much load... Canadians are interested in EVs but for home city driving. If you need to travel Calgary to Vancouver for business or meet friends and family you would fly in under two hours rather than 2 days by road. At some point it will get possible but as I said most families need a truck with a flatbed for their lifestyle, camping, skiing, boating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.