Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I discovered six charging points in Gallows Corner Retail Park, Romford RM3 0AD. Off the A12. There's more than one exit to the car park, but these are hidden near to Bryant Avenue. I can't find them on any map.
(Now I'm confused about the relationship between Shell Recharge and Newmotion) IMG_20200708_140255962.jpg

·
Registered
35 Posts
On the Shell Recharge app, further east on the A12 there’s a bunch of chargers - I think it’s these that are misplaced on the map.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the Shell Recharge app, further east on the A12 there’s a bunch of chargers - I think it’s these that are misplaced on the map.
I phoned Newmotion to tell them that the location was wrong, but they couldn't do much without the charger numbers. Today I was passing them again so I've taken a few photos and will email them to Newmotion.
Thanks Alexa for finding them on the map. Also, I can't count. There are four not six, as I said recently.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Newmotion replied to my email;
"It appears that the charge points indeed do not appear at the right location on the map. We will contact the owner to request an authorisation to change their address."
The second sentence is interesting. It implies that are agents for the owner, but that surely, is Newmotion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess the owner buys the units, provides the location information, in this case probably a postcode which can be a long way out and they are then added to the map based on that. NewMotion (Shell) will then have to say that the location is wrong and clear it with the owner. It’s interesting to see they are operating that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts