Registered
51 Posts
Seem to have an affinity with the Nordic countries
Might be something to do with being Scottish and my flag not being available ☹
(Only the Union flag)

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,316 Posts
Fab. I knew there'd be moaning (when is there not), but as a Zoe owner I'm happy. There's always calls to leave AC off rapids so let a bone thrown our way occasionally, and it's a form of future-proofing as newer EVs get 3 phase charging. All you rich people with CCS capable EVs can shop at Booths or M&S or something anyway ;)

Kind of funny though that we just got a brand new Aldi about 2 weeks ago.... no charging whatsoever....

Reactions: Kingpleb1

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Kind of funny though that we just got a brand new Aldi about 2 weeks ago.... no charging whatsoever....
Weird. There's one 10 miles from me that just got demolished & rebuilt bigger on an enlarged site, and another new one being built near a friend's house about 40 miles away.
Both have a pair of 7kW posts. I thought that was Aldi's policy going forward.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,939 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
8,939 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
A better solution. They have a few of these in Perth and I think they make a lot of sense in 2hour limited parking locations. Perfect as most of the current crop of EVs and Legacy ones can get the best part of a full charge in that time. Only the very big battery cars don't fully benefit.

I not convinced they save enough to justify having them instread of power sharing 50kw rapids.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,939 Posts
I not convinced they save enough to justify having them instread of power sharing 50kw rapids.

However they'll save a lot installing 22kW AC posts because most users won't benefit fully from them. Great for Zoes, well when they can get on them because they'll have slower charging EVs plugged in most of the time.

Or... spit balling here, maybe Renault have been sharing their collected data from Zoe satnavs. Maybe Zoe owners use Aldi more than any other store? I preferred Lidl myself as it was closer to home.

Reactions: Kingpleb1
41 - 49 of 49 Posts