Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gen 2 LEAF is now about 3 years old. Getting to the age at which I tend to buy new cars.

The obvious replacement is the current LEAF, but it irritates me that it's still only 40KwH, in this "day and age". I could consider the E+ version but it seems to be rather a rare beast, and overpriced. Reviews have not been glowing.

Now the E-Niro is a nice looking car, but we're talking another 5 or 6 £K, and I really do have to consider the width of my drive. I can just about park the LEAF next to the charge point and still open the driver side door. Another few inches and I'll have to loose a lot of weight.

A self-declared SUV doesn't seem right. Mostly I'm driving only myself. No dogs, no sprogs.

Should I be looking at the new Zoe, or should I wait the expected developments this year. Unfortunate that one of those developments seems to be the withdrawal of the government subsidy.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,401 Posts
It's shorter than the leaf. It's about the same length as a Zoe but wide as the Leaf. It's a good size. Bit more elbow room than the Zoe but not a massive over hang like the Leaf.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have a look at the new Zoe anyway. A lot of dealers have LHD models in showroom now but should have demonstrators next month. Other than physical dimensions it is a lot different then its predecessors

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
How about the Ioniq 38 kWh? Nominally a smaller battery, but it manages to be about the most economical Bev, along with M3. Aerodynamically it's streets ahead of a Leaf.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the e-Niro is not going to materialise before the end of the year from what I've read on lead times.

How about the Peugeot e-2008 (or e-208 for that matter)?

DS3 Crossback E-Tense?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts