Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this turns out to be meh but inspired by @gary 's alerts about GTEs available via NHS Fleet I took a look and saw BMW i3 for Oct delivery are on offer too BEVs £295 pcm, Rex £305 pcm.

Offers 1

How does this compare with normal prices?

·
Registered
17 Posts
had a look before ordering my GTE,for some reason doing a 'normal' quote it came in at 275ish compared to 320ish that the offer quote came up as?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Excellent! They are based on 40% income tax rate, so the effective cost will be higher if you pay less. From memory the comparitive figure of the base spec rex when I was shopping was around £370 pcm (and don't ask I spend *cough* a lot more on *toys* )

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ah, this is who my i3 lease deal is through. GTE was also available at the time and worked out slightly more cost to me once fuel was considered.
The GTE is a lovely car but for me, did not have the "wow factor" that the i3 has.
Never had a lease car before but it made more financial sense for me to go with this deal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i was very close to ordering the i3 but prefered the GTE (just),if for whatever reason the GTE fails to appear the i3 rex is next on the list

·
Registered
90 Posts
Aye- I think it's a good deal but it's generally not taken up much in the nhs in my experience. I should add though that the figure quoted above will be for 10k miles per year. I do a bit more than that and so pay more but of course, make savings by not Rex-ing too often.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took up that deal. Comes to 306 a month for me but includes rapid charge metallic paint and nicer alloys. Apparently there in the dock awaiting delivery to the dealerships.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I took up that deal. Comes to 306 a month for me but includes rapid charge metallic paint and nicer alloys. Apparently there in the dock awaiting delivery to the dealerships.
Quick tip- when you get to arrange delivery make sure it has the latest updates on it. That way you may avoid the clunking issue when charging (assuming the deal with home charger installation is still on) and get the latest sat nav version. I think Jack mentioned there is an update in November which would be worth ensuring your i3 has.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A few threads on here about it.
Basically if you want to precondition the batteries and cabin prior to setting off, during the last half hour or so the charger makes a repetitive clunking sound as it keeps switching on and off.
The next update may fix it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts