Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite being a petrol head when younger I am committed to safe and efficient driving now. I am a definite newbie to this EV initiative but my intentions are positive!;)

I am also responsible for policy with regard to company vehicles and Managing Occupational Road Risk within my company so I have just ordered a PHEV for various reasons and hopefully I can show the long term benefits of what EV can do even if it needs an engine to help with range using the current technology.

I'll be skulking around forums trying to pick up all sorts of info and advice, especially whist recovering from my Total Hip Replacement earlier this month! I also need to get the home charging station sorted out!

Hope you are all enjoying the sun.... :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Lee, I have Osteoarthritis and getting in and out of a car has been getting progressively more difficult. As such I need a car that is higher than conventional ones.
This has meant that for the first time I can get a usable vehicle and give the plug-in hybrid a go as I've ordered a Mitsubishi Outlander.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
From what I have read on this forum, it sounds like a lot of car for the money :)
Hope that it performs as well as you expect !

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope it lives up to the 'game changer' hype!

I'm certainly going to be putting it through its paces and trying to get the best out of it!

Whatever the outcome; the biggest issue will be the fragmented, unreliable and frankly hap-hazard charging network.

We shall see!

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I hope it lives up to the 'game changer' hype!

I'm certainly going to be putting it through its paces and trying to get the best out of it!

Whatever the outcome; the biggest issue will be the fragmented, unreliable and frankly hap-hazard charging network.

We shall see!
Which part of the country do you normally travel in ? Seems to me that the sourceeast network is pretty well organised (for now)....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately I'm here there and everywhere but rarely in the South East.

If you draw a line from North Yorkshire to Devon that is my stomping ground!! o_O

Will be putting the energy regeneration the test!;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts