1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nikola called out as an "intricate fraud"

Report based on Hindenburg Research

It should be pointed out that Hindenburg Research are part of a hedge fund who have gone short on Nikola stock. However, Nikola strikes me as being on a continuous round of fund raising without actually producing anything. Tesla, for all their faults, actually make something which bodes better for their future plans for Semi's than Nikola who also need to build a fuel infrastructure.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
855 Posts
The share price has always looked excessive in my opinion, although I have the same opinion of Tesla's share price. In any case, Nikola looks like an investment scam. I certainly wish I'd bought cheap shares and then sold them at 50, but hindsight is always 20/20.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,730 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remind me, how much of their fueling network have they delivered to date? Fair to say that Tesla have delivered little of the capacity needed for their Semi's, and of course if your product doesn't exist the lack of infrastructure is irrelevant.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,730 Posts
Imagine the planning permission required for all those H2 stations. Then logistics to buy and move it - unless you generate it on site.

California is already running out of the stuff at times, when they get production issues.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Perhaps they will turn their attention to a certain Welsh hydrogen invalid carriage next?

Reactions: dk6780

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Hindenburg showed evidence that Nikola instead towed the truck up a very long low grade hill and let it go down to produce this video of the “Nikola One Electric Semi Truck In Motion”:

Wow.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He is still sitting on a fortune (at today's price) in shares. I wonder how many he has sold? I suspect that they'll be worthless in the near future.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
855 Posts
He is still sitting on a fortune (at today's price) in shares. I wonder how many he has sold? I suspect that they'll be worthless in the near future.
Indeed. They're not much use to him if it results in criminal charges for fraud.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
What was GM thinking when they recently ploughed $2bn into Nikola for an 11% stake?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What was GM thinking when they recently ploughed $2bn into Nikola for an 11% stake?
They were desparate to have something to make - the "Badger", although strangely for a tech company product it was going to use GM technology not the Nikola groundbreaking tech. Unless of course it doesn't exist.......

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Chevy Bolt is tanking and they were fresh out of ideas.

‘Let’s throw money at the problem’.
Yep - safe in the knowledge that they'll always be bailed out at a loss to US taxpayers!

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
30,268 Posts
The fraud seems to be rubbing off on other companies.

I appreciated that I often sound like I have a downer on Tesla, Musk and their products, but that is absolutely not the case, I am quite proud of what Musk has done (if I might say that without sounding patronising). It is only a negative view of particular aspects of those things (of which there are some biggies, but I will not dwell on that atm).

It is a shame if Tesla does get tarnished by this because I wish them well, just think some of the share price and product claims are a bit more realistic.

.. if it meant Tesla shares did become more realistic then I would probably invest, but as we know if I did the share price would drop like a stone ..... ;)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,730 Posts
. if it meant Tesla shares did become more realistic then I would probably invest, but as we know if I did the share price would drop like a stone ..... ;)
Not sure why your lack for foresight is their problem.

You can still invest in a more conventional company like BP. ;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts