Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just seeing who’s stuck down a deposit for a pre order and what you’ve gone for and any thoughts?

I’ve gone for a 2 spec in blue, managed to get free metallic. I am a little in doubt I should go for the 3 but I’m maxed on budget!

It’s either going to replace my Niro HEV or Cupra Formentor PHEV I’m undecided which to switch out! Financially the Cupra makes more sense to go as you can’t get them so resale is v good. Need to keep one ICE for long trips (young family can’t be doing with charging faff away from home)

Guestimate is August for delivery.
Cheers

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
1,115 Posts
Ordered 10 days ago. Fully loaded 4 spec, in white, with the grey C pillar and black cladding. Plus heat pump.

I almost talked myself into stretching the budget beyond what I was comfortable with for an Ioniq 5, so when I went to the Kia Experience and realised how taken I was with the Niro, even though I know that the maths don't stack up in relation to the heat pump, I like having one and decided that, as I am coming in at 5k less than I would have spent on the Ioniq 5, i could think bugger it, treat myself and chuck it in. Proper man maths decision. I see it as no different to my mum buying a bucket from B&Q today for £1, even though she has no need for a new bucket, because it was only £1. :)

Swapping out of a Soul EV First Edition. Which has been a super car but is now just a bit too small for us boot space wise. But I'll be sad to see the Soul go, I really do like it. I hope the new Niro lives up to expectations. I am hoping that I might buck the trend with this car and keep it more than 2 years, which is my average for my last 5 cars unfortunately.

Lead time was guessed at 12-16 weeks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've gone for a 3 spec in flame orange without the heat pump. £500 discount on RRP and deposit fully refundable if I don't like it after test driving.

The 4 spec has a sunroof which takes a bit of headroom and I prefer without. The only thing I wish I was getting was seat memory, otherwise 3 is perfect spec for me.

Currently I have a Leaf 30kWh and find the app to defrost/cool and keyless entry really useful. I'd miss those on the 2 spec.

Late July, August is estimated delivery. I'd like it held until September for the new reg..

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just paid deposit on white 3 with heat pump delivery july/august should be on the boat end of next week according to dealer. Have an order outstanding for MG ZS LR trophy but delivery keeps getting pushed out currently september. Sure Niro will arive first so will cancel MG, will miss the panoramic roof on MG but 3 spec is roughly the same but looks more modern than MG. Seeing problems on MG forum regards rapid charging so maybe dodged a bullet there. Big step up for us from Leaf 30 which is now 5 years old but has been a brilliant car no issues at all and been on several 500 mile round trips with no charging problems. Longer range will be nice and stops will be shorter instead of 35-40 minutes for leaf.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just paid deposit on white 3 with heat pump delivery july/august should be on the boat end of next week according to dealer. Have an order outstanding for MG ZS LR trophy but delivery keeps getting pushed out currently september.
I also looked at the MG ZS LR Trophy, but the dealer said that he could not in all honesty promise a delivery this year for the LR version as the production allocation for the UK had already been sold. He did say the smaller battery version would be possible this year though...

In the end we decided on the Niro EV anyway, as for not much more money it felt like a better quality car.

·
Registered
eNiro 4, (Niro EV 4 HP on order)
1,350 Posts
Ordered 10 days ago. Fully loaded 4 spec, in white, with the grey C pillar and black cladding. Plus heat pump.

I almost talked myself into stretching the budget beyond what I was comfortable with for an Ioniq 5, so when I went to the Kia Experience and realised how taken I was with the Niro, even though I know that the maths don't stack up in relation to the heat pump, I like having one and decided that, as I am coming in at 5k less than I would have spent on the Ioniq 5, i could think bugger it, treat myself and chuck it in. Proper man maths decision. I see it as no different to my mum buying a bucket from B&Q today for £1, even though she has no need for a new bucket, because it was only £1. :)

Swapping out of a Soul EV First Edition. Which has been a super car but is now just a bit too small for us boot space wise. But I'll be sad to see the Soul go, I really do like it. I hope the new Niro lives up to expectations. I am hoping that I might buck the trend with this car and keep it more than 2 years, which is my average for my last 5 cars unfortunately.

Lead time was guessed at 12-16 weeks.
Absolutely LOVE some of the “Man Maths” as you call it…….I’m buying a new bucket today for sure

·
Registered
170 Posts
Flame orange 2. Delivery estimated send of August or early September. Might change to blue or green as her indoors days she won't like orange.
Impressed people managed to get small discounts, I didn't even try :LOL:.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
1,115 Posts
Ordered last weekend. Cityscape green 3. I was told late August - September delivery. Managed to get myself 3 years free servicing too.
Seriously considered that colour. Think it looks quite fetching and looks the best coloured option if you want the black c pillar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seriously considered that colour. Think it looks quite fetching and looks the best coloured option if you want the black c pillar.
It does look quite nice with the black pillars although the 3 doesn't have that option.

A number of years ago when I bought a Skoda Yeti. I almost got the jungle green colour but my wife didn't like it. Fast forward a few years and she liked the cityscape green so I ordered it before she changed her mind 😁. It was between that and the orange.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
1,115 Posts
It does look quite nice with the black pillars although the 3 doesn't have that option.

A number of years ago when I bought a Skoda Yeti. I almost got the jungle green colour but my wife didn't like it. Fast forward a few years and she liked the cityscape green so I ordered it before she changed her mind 😁. It was between that and the orange.
My wife's general rule of thumb is that she likes any colour, as long as its white! So we got the white 4, with grey C pillar.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It has been decades since my last white car, but we also fell for the white with the grey 'C' pillar.

We've just gone the extra step of the grey interior which comes with the grey cladding as we wanted a brighter interior.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have ordered the white also with grey c pillar and cladding level 4. I was told August delivery but want to delay until new plate in September. When I ordered last month the dealer said there were 8 listed in that colour with heat pumps. Another dealer a couple of weeks later told me there were 50+ but that once orders were opened up to lease purchasers etc then that number would go quickly and waiting lists would emerge. I don’t mind the wait as the price of my current e-Niro seems to go up each month.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
1,115 Posts
It has been decades since my last white car, but we also fell for the white with the grey 'C' pillar.

We've just gone the extra step of the grey interior which comes with the grey cladding as we wanted a brighter interior.
I think it will look great with the grey interior, but with grandkids under 10 and an expectation of transporting a dog, I would worry about the serviceability. I'd be making folk take their shoes off before they got in :LOL:

1 - 20 of 206 Posts