Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
181 - 200 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Dealer rang to say mines on the boat (2 spec in blue). One minute it was mid July in showroom then mid August… not entirely sure

I’ve got a PHEV to sell so just trying to align the timeline as much as I can

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
1,097 Posts
Well my dealer seems to know nothing. I queried with them, on the off chance, that they might have news because, I said, there are folk on the forums who ordered same time as me who have been informed that their car is ready to ship and will be on this boat. Their response was:

"I’m not sure where that information is coming from on the forums as our central Kia Portal system that all the dealers use doesn’t show that kind of information ?

We will be notified once your car has arrived at port and ready for distribution to our dealership. Once this information is available and a date is allocated, I will call you right away"

So, in other words, stop nagging us. :)
I am not expecting news before September.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Well my dealer seems to know nothing. I queried with them, on the off chance, that they might have news because, I said, there are folk on the forums who ordered same time as me who have been informed that their car is ready to ship and will be on this boat. Their response was:

"I’m not sure where that information is coming from on the forums as our central Kia Portal system that all the dealers use doesn’t show that kind of information ?

We will be notified once your car has arrived at port and ready for distribution to our dealership. Once this information is available and a date is allocated, I will call you right away"

A lot of people on here dig around for data, put 2 and 2 together and make 5.

We've ordered 2 e-niros in the past (had to cancel the first one on delivery for pandemic reasons). We were told when they were on the ship, so we could play that game of "guess-the-ship-and-track-it-round-the-world" and then it all went dark until the cars suddenly turned up at the dealer.

Speculating about ships without specific knowledge is just that, a guessing game. Surprisingly enough, not every car carrier from Korea has Niros on it so it's a blind guess when someone says "mine must be on the xyz". It's a fun game, though. We'll be playing it again for our EV6 delivery in a few months 😂

·
Registered
189 Posts
Speculating about ships without specific knowledge is just that, a guessing game. Surprisingly enough, not every car carrier from Korea has Niros on it so it's a blind guess when someone says "mine must be on the xyz". It's a fun game, though. We'll be playing it again for our EV6 delivery in a few months 😂
It is a bit more than a guess if the dealer can confirm a shipping date or an estimated arrival date as there is usually only one ship sailing from or arriving at the right port within that time-frame, but there does seem to be some disparity between the dealers in the information they can access, or at least claim to be able/unable to access.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
I would say based on anecdotal comments on this thread there's a batch landing early July (Demos + who knows) and a batch landing early August... after that anyones guess

·
Registered
eNiro 4, (Niro EV 4 HP on order)
1,324 Posts

Well they are fannying you
They can access The Kia portal with your order number
I have seen the screen for my car with all the ESTIMATED dates
Departure/Arrival/Compound date/Arrival at dealer

·
Registered
144 Posts
Same old same old. Had the same nonsense 15 years ago when I bought and Alfa, and before that when I bought a Skoda.
Why the manufacturers don't just provide a customer login to the portal so we can have a look and see the status of our car whether we like is beyond me.
Dealers hate being pestered and some of us don't like pestering the dealer in the first place.

I mean I can order a piece of that costing 2 quid off the internet and track its every move to my front door. Why on earth can't it be done for a £35,000 car?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
It is a bit more than a guess if the dealer can confirm a shipping date or an estimated arrival date as there is usually only one ship sailing from or arriving at the right port within that time-frame, but there does seem to be some disparity between the dealers in the information they can access, or at least claim to be able/unable to access.
Agree. I think some salesmen play the same game as customers and try to dig around for data to turn the estimates they have into firm dates. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't.

If you look back on this forum over the 3 years since the e-niro was released, you'll read as many dashed hopes as confirmed predictions. At the end of the day, the Kia information system just isn't very good. It makes for a good spectator sport, and it's a fun game to try to track your own car when the time comes. Just keep in mind that predictions you get from your dealer or read on this forum are highly unreliable 😃😂

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Dealers hate being pestered and some of us don't like pestering the dealer in the first place.
I don't understand why anyone pesters their dealer, just wasting their own time and the dealer's. The dealer has no control over the process, and can't make the car arrive any quicker. It will come when it comes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just keep in mind that predictions you get from your dealer or read on this forum are highly unreliable 😃😂
I'm sure we all understand that everything is 'estimated', but as Cheshirecat says, those dates can and do come from the Kia portal, so there isn't much excuse for the dealer to not share the estimates they have as long as the customer acknowledges they are not commitments.

I don't see it as 'pestering' the dealers, and frankly there is zero excuse for not confirming a car is on a ship when it takes a month to get here...

Nobody is expecting it to get here any quicker, but it does make a difference to some of us if it is arriving in August, September or October...

The salesmen did not have to do much ‘selling’ on most of these orders, so a little communication would seem reasonable...

·
Registered
9 Posts
No other ships scheduled, so hopefully it will be, but Auto Achieve sails on 24th June to Ulsan to collect Hyundai cars before heading for Tilbury on 30th June arriving 2nd August, then Immingham 3rd August.

These dates do move a bit here and there so looks looks like you are set for an August arrival at the dealers.
Shame they can't drop-off my Kia in Tilbury, as my Dealer is only in Rainham, would save 'em a fortune in transportation costs getting back down from Hull 😂

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
5,156 Posts
Same old same old. Had the same nonsense 15 years ago when I bought and Alfa, and before that when I bought a Skoda.
Why the manufacturers don't just provide a customer login to the portal so we can have a look and see the status of our car whether we like is beyond me.

I mean I can order a piece of that costing 2 quid off the internet and track its every move to my front door. Why on earth can't it be done for a £35,000 car?
VW used to do something like that. You could track the 8 (I think?) stages of the car build, from "Order received at the factory" to "Arrived in UK".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered 2 days ago. I went for the 4 spec, in white, with the grey C pillar and the heat pump option. Due for delivery to them the first week of August which I thought was pretty great and way better than what other dealers were offering. Also had £500 off and no extra charge for the white option as they were selling them all at the same price.

I didn't care about the colour, so just asked them what they had available asap and they said they had some white available mid July with no heat pump and first week of August with the heat pump. Went for the heat pump as my previous EV had one, and it worked really well to efficiently heat the car.

My previous car was a Kona EV which was stolen a couple of weeks ago so wanted to get something with similar features/range and more space which the Niro has.

I'd be interested to know if anyone here has recently ordered like myself and what delivery date you were given.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered 2 days ago. I went for the 4 spec, in white, with the grey C pillar and the heat pump option. Due for delivery to them the first week of August which I thought was pretty great and way better than what other dealers were offering. Also had £500 off and no extra charge for the white option as they were selling them all at the same price.

I didn't care about the colour, so just asked them what they had available asap and they said they had some white available mid July with no heat pump and first week of August with the heat pump. Went for the heat pump as my previous EV had one, and it worked really well to efficiently heat the car.

My previous car was a Kona EV which was stolen a couple of weeks ago so wanted to get something with similar features/range and more space which the Niro has.

I'd be interested to know if anyone here has recently ordered like myself and what delivery date you were given.
Firstly welcome to the forum.....Secondly a quick read through this thread will reveal that the white & the grey C pillar has been a very popular choice for those of us that have ordered the Niro Ev 4 trim. Personally I chose the Grey pack (which also includes the grey cladding and grey vegan leather seats as well), plus the Heat pump like yourself. I too have been given an early August delivery to dealer date, though they will hold it until 1st September for the 72 plate for me.
This will be my first EV, having spent most of my life driving dirty diesels.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ordered May 27th after visiting their experience show. Configured car online and sent to dealer who contacted me with availability (white 3 no heat pump) said I could have it in white but only had with heat pump for expected 1st August delivery. Did paperwork etc. According to his ipad car was in production and due to ship 4th June for August delivery but said this can change. Had a call from dealer this week said delivery is looking like mid August he will call in a couple of weeks with any updates. Will hold off for 1st September delivery for new plate. Booked in for paint correction,wrap and ceramic coat today estimated first week of September. What could possibly go wrong ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
...and due to ship 4th June for August delivery but said this can change. Had a call from dealer this week said delivery is looking like mid August
That was a strange set of dates to begin with, it is shipped 4th June it would have been a mid-July delivery.

Sounds like you are another candidate for shipping on the 'Auto Acheive' which leaves Pyeongtaek tomorrow, but until it actually arrives, anything can happen... :)

Booked in for paint correction,wrap and ceramic coat today estimated first week of September. What could possibly go wrong ;)
Full wrap?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Firstly welcome to the forum.....Secondly a quick read through this thread will reveal that the white & the grey C pillar has been a very popular choice for those of us that have ordered the Niro Ev 4 trim. Personally I chose the Grey pack (which also includes the grey cladding and grey vegan leather seats as well), plus the Heat pump like yourself. I too have been given an early August delivery to dealer date, though they will hold it until 1st September for the 72 plate for me.
This will be my first EV, having spent most of my life driving dirty diesels.
Thanks NeonMan, yeah, I did have a look and it does seem like a popular option in the thread which probably explains why the dealer had so many on order in the white colour. I think they said they had 20 on order in spec 4 in white, 10 with the heat pump and 10 without.

Congratulations on your first EV, you won’t be disappointed. My Kona which I bought last year was my first EV and I loved it. They’re so nice to drive and they have some amazing features. These Korean cars offers so much value for money when compared to the competition, it’s crazy.

·
Registered
eNiro 4, (Niro EV 4 HP on order)
1,324 Posts
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Steering wheel
Interesting that this screen shot of the fleeting glimpse of the Grey interior shows steering wheel, lower dash and top door cards in grey as well. Wonder if this is for UK Spec as well

181 - 200 of 204 Posts