Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
501 - 520 of 805 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm in the same position, despite many calls to my dealer they are not forthcoming whatsoever in confirming anything either way which is more than a little fishy!
I emailed and said I knew the price was fixed but interest rates were changing and I couldn't generate the same quote again on the website. Dealer replied ASAP confirming how much I was putting down and the exact monthly figure so I believe they are truthful when they said they booked the finance with Kia on the day I ordered.
I'm just naturally quite anxious on things like this so am slightly on tenterhooks which I wouldn't be if I had singed finance paperwork.
Have to ask did the 2 have paddles for the regen control on the steering wheel? also how bad does the smaller screen look?!

Cheers
Oh confirmed up thread that the "2" does have paddles.

I have also ordered a "2". I think the screen will be fine. It'll be far better than the tiny built in TomTom in the Scenic that will be going to the scrappers in any case!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have to ask did the 2 have paddles for the regen control on the steering wheel? also how bad does the smaller screen look?!
There's a walkround video here showing the 8" screen and the regen paddles. Although the screen size will be fine (It's the same on my 4 Carens and perfectly usable) I think it looks a bit out of place surrounded by so much plastic? A bezel or something would have helped.

The video also shows the cable set in the boot and, I think, confirms the supply of a granny cable along with the Type 2

·
Registered
e-Niro 4+
161 Posts
If your dealer has confirmed that the car has left Korea then yes, yours will be on Auto Achieve, she is finally leaving Setubal right now, heading to Tilbury next, to offload Hyundai vehicles, then on to Immingham for our Kia delivery...
Since Kia and Hyundai are the same company you'd think they'd synchronise distribution. It must be expensive to dock a ship so surely one docking in the UK would suffice and be quicker?

·
Registered
4 Posts
They have just changed the schedule for Morning Catherine, they have removed all the other planned ports and she is currently scheduled as an express from Pyeongtaek direct to Immingham, leaving 13th August, reaching Immingham 11th September...

Hard to imagine that it will stay like this though, guess we wait and see...
Hi Mark T

Can I asked where you see the change/ removal of scheduled ports?

I have checked vessel finder and Eukor which you kindly shared but I can't seem to find the scheduled ports?

I can however see and noticed the arrival date has moved from 22nd to 11th September which I am happy if this is the case.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Can I asked where you see the change/ removal of scheduled ports?

I have checked vessel finder and Eukor which you kindly shared but I can't seem to find the scheduled ports?
They don't make it easy, but as darkstorm said, it is just a matter of knowing how long it should take to get between ports and then checking to see where else the ship might be stopping.

You can get started by searching on Korea and United Kingdom, that will show all ports at both ends, then you look for the time taken from the last Korean port to Suez which would show if it is going elsewhere en route, and then similarly check from Suez to the first UK port.

After that you just dig around by country and see where the ship is really going...

Only takes a few mins, but there is no short-cut.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Since Kia and Hyundai are the same company you'd think they'd synchronise distribution. It must be expensive to dock a ship so surely one docking in the UK would suffice and be quicker?
It is cheaper to move the cars by ship than by road and with the Kia distribution centre being right next to Immingham port that explains why the Kia vehicles go there...

Water resources Water Infrastructure Air travel Urban design

Hyundai have a similar area right beside Tilbury...

Property Infrastructure Map Transport hub Car

The respective UK distribution companies are owned by the Korean manufacturers, and while they are closely related, they are not operated as a single company.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow. That must have been one of the first. Mine was ordered 17 May so am assuming it is on the ship that is due in early Aug (I don’t track ships).
I ordered around the same time as yours (trim 2 - 19th May) and my dealer confirmed that the car is in the UK already but not with the dealer yet. They haven't got the demos yet, either. Last week their system showed 4th August for my car delivery but still no news from them to confirm that! I gave up chasing them to be honest and ask them to call me whenever the car is ready to pickup!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Last week their system showed 4th August for my car delivery but still no news from them to confirm that! I gave up chasing them to be honest and ask them to call me whenever the car is ready to pickup!
They usually estimate 14 days from offloading the vehicle to having it at the dealers which would have been totomorrow for the demos and your car, but not surprised if they are a little delayed as they were received at the wrong port which may have added a little to the usual time. (not far away, just not where they should have been).

·
Registered
413 Posts
I ordered around the same time as yours (trim 2 - 19th May) and my dealer confirmed that the car is in the UK already but not with the dealer yet. They haven't got the demos yet, either. Last week their system showed 4th August for my car delivery but still no news from them to confirm that! I gave up chasing them to be honest and ask them to call me whenever the car is ready to pickup!
I ordered a 2 on the exact same day. Delivery at time of order was quoted as late August/early September. A few weeks later updated to early August and subsequently put back to "very early September". Would have been nice to have it this week as we are off to Cornwall in a few days and I'm not convinced the jalopy is going to make it there and back - electronic handbrake has started doing funny things in addition to the general decreptitude.

Reactions: Bona

·
Registered
565 Posts
Would have been nice to have it this week as we are off to Cornwall in a few days and I'm not convinced the jalopy is going to make it there and back - electronic handbrake has started doing funny things in addition to the general decreptitude.
Hope you make it back safely, I do wonder if they are running a bit behind at the distribution centre, which may mean a lot of us will not have a decision to make regarding the new registration plate...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hope you make it back safely, I do wonder if they are running a bit behind at the distribution centre, which may mean a lot of us will not have a decision to make regarding the new registration plate...
The flip from early August to early September was about 8 weeks ago. So I assume some cars intended for the first shipment didn't make the boat for whatever reason (not built, Korean lorry driver strike etc). Dealer is a bit frustrating TBH - will respond in a fairly timely manner to emails but follow-ups are invariably completely ignored. Suggested I call him to book a test drive upon my return - I replied saying why don't we just book it now you have your demo car and if he could confirm my car is on auto Achieve - answer there came none!
TBH I don't particularly care if the Scenic doesn't get us home. Have already suggested to the wife that if it breaks down in Cornwall we can sell it to a local scrappy and get the train back.
Only question is whether we patch the Scenic up and scrap my 208, which is now consuming 1l of oil every 1,000 miles or less and I'm sure I saw a visible puff of blue smoke when I pulled away from the lights the other day.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Only question is whether we patch the Scenic up and scrap my 208, which is now consuming 1l of oil every 1,000 miles or less and I'm sure I saw a visible puff of blue smoke when I pulled away from the lights the other day.
The 208 sounds likely to be expensive sometime soon... hope the Scenic makes it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
...It would be a shame delivering my car so close to September but with last year's plate.

·
Registered
565 Posts
...It would be a shame delivering my car so close to September but with last year's plate.
I'm not really bothered either way, but if they are a bit backlogged, the cars on Auto Achieve may just be early September rather than late-August, so they will be on the new plate anyway.

If you want to be sure then talk to your dealer in a week or two and let them know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I feel your pain of indecision on old car vs waiting on new one. I had to get a wheel bearing changed on my Hyundai ix20 last week after weeks of wondering whether I'd be able to make it last... on top of that it needed a full set of new boots in readiness for the MOT which is due mid-September. Sigh....

·
Registered
413 Posts
The 208 sounds likely to be expensive sometime soon... hope the Scenic makes it...
No, the 208 is going to be run into the ground and then head for the scrappie. They are notorious for burning increasing amounts of oil as the mileage increases. It's fouled the cat so I have an engine warning light illuminated, but that might be reset immediately prior to the MOT...
I bought it for £4,300 with 22,000 on the clock. It's now at 97,000 miles so doesn't really owe me much. There's also lots of "looseness" and bumping sounds coming from the suspension. If I get another 6 months out of it I'll be surprised.

Reactions: Mark_T

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 ·
Confirmation my original PCP quote is up in smoke and I have to take the new rate… however they have discounted the car to make up most of the shortfall.

Offering me the car for £33,500 2 spec with metallic), monthlies are £8 more than before… GFV is lower than original quote also by about £500

·
Registered
565 Posts
Confirmation my original PCP quote is up in smoke and I have to take the new rate… however they have discounted the car to make up most of the shortfall.

Offering me the car for £33,500 2 spec with metallic), monthlies are £8 more than before… GFV is lower than original quote also by about £500
Annoying, but if ti is only £8 more per month with a £500 lower final payment then it is a small win really...

·
Registered
413 Posts

Annoying, but if ti is only £8 more per month with a £500 lower final payment then it is a small win really...
Indeed, that's actually a saving.
The fact they've discounted it suggests they cocked up and forgot to book the finance? Did they offer any explanation?

501 - 520 of 805 Posts