Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
141 - 160 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
eNiro 4, (Niro EV 4 HP on order)
1,324 Posts
You did well to get a discount and a change to a different colour in the present market. As my dealer said to me they are acting more like Agents for Kia than traditional sales folk working for their dealership. We know that there is limited supply at present and cost to purchase on a rising curve. My view was if I wanted the new car in the colour and spec that I wanted and at the current price then I had to get in early. We will see if that proves right. The other part of the equation is getting the right price for my trade in. Here I am less optimistic that the dealer will be the best option for my current E-Niro. We all know that dealers can appear to offer you a good deal / discount on a new car by making money on a not so good deal on your trade in. I keep the two transaction separate. In the current market the price of used E-Niros has been rising. So I am leaving it to fairly close to pick up time for the new car to see what I can get. I am hopeful that the depreciation on my current car will be pretty minimal compared to most cars I have owned.
PM sent

·
Registered
189 Posts
Anyone seen any confirmation on the service schedules for the new EV?

My local dealer says they have been told to expect it to follow the EV6 schedule, so inspection at 10k and service at 20k miles, but I've not seen anything definitive yet...

·
Registered
Ford Focus 1.5 TDCi Titanium 2018
8 Posts
For Europe/Finland yes, I don't know if the UK has different service intervals or not. They were listed in the car Owner's Manual which is available for the new Niro EV to download in Finnish, but I can't locate the download option for the UK owner website in English and 2023 model.

The items listed in the image, from top to bottom; I=inspect, R=replace, Kuukautta = months

Coolant
Reduction gear
Coolant system (second one)
Cabin air filter
Brake discs and pads
Brake hoses and connections
Steering box etc. related
Suspension ball joints etc. related
Tyres
12V battery
eCall battery

·
Registered
189 Posts
For Europe/Finland yes, I don't know if the UK has different service intervals or not. They were listed in the car Owner's Manual which is available for the new Niro EV to download in Finnish, but I can't locate the download option for the UK owner website in English and 2023 model.
Thanks for the image, no sign of an English manual yet so that is very helpful.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Has the PCP interest rate gone up on the Kia website? It's saying 2.52% and the spec I have ordered is now slightly more expensive per month than I remembered. As we didn't actually do the finance application when I pre-ordered I don't have anything in writing confirming the finance deal - I'm addressing this with the dealer. My receipt just says the amount to be financed, not the terms of that finance, so is a risk until confirmed in writing IMO. Stupid of me to overlook it.
I did get a quote on the Kia website before visiting the dealer and used the "Send to dealer" function but never received a copy of it myself.
Perhaps I've misremembered but either way I need to pin it down.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Has the PCP interest rate gone up on the Kia website? It's saying 2.52% ...
The current offer has been 4.9% APR all along, I would suggest always looking at the APR rather than the 'fixed rate', so that doesn't seem to have changed.

Is it possible that you used a different deposit amount when you did the original calculation?

·
Registered
144 Posts
The current offer has been 4.9% APR all along, I would suggest always looking at the APR rather than the 'fixed rate', so that doesn't seem to have changed.

Is it possible that you used a different deposit amount when you did the original calculation?
I think I used 5,000 miles per year biut you can only set it to 6,000 now. I think that would make the difference I'm seeing.
Have emailed dealer asking to confirm the fiannce deal. Once I've got something in writing I'll chill. Have printed offer from Kia website so I have that if worst comes to the worst.

·
Registered
eNiro 4, (Niro EV 4 HP on order)
1,324 Posts
I have seen pictures of fully grey seats,steering wheel and lower dash
And I have seen pictures of just grey seat centres, with back dash

Ministry of guesswork at the moment😂

·
Registered
189 Posts
It certainly doesn't help that the pre-prod. cars used on the current 'experience' tour have a mixture of different materials, sometimes in the same car :)

Best I can figure out is the grey interior should include seats, steering wheel, dash and door cards, also exterior grey cladding. This is what they refer to as the 'Grey Pack' which also requires the white premium paint.

So this should be the grey interior and exterior...

Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

This should be the black interior and exterior...
Car Vehicle Window Plant Motor vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Sky

... but until they start arriving, anything is possible...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Initially delivery was 16 weeks, dealer said a new batch are of the 3 model have been shipped. I have no idea how true, or not, that is though. There were model 2's with July deliveries and that was from more both dealers I spoke to.

Top line for the deal was £36,695 STD paint option. Like was said above I think this was a previous price. I'll find out I guess. No harm trying.
Deal through, order form signed. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took the plunge and ordered a 4 today in Pearl White + Grey Pack but no heatpump (had to draw the line somewhere). Quoted late August delivery to the dealer for September plate, we shall see. Also sold my Ateca so car sharing with my wife for 2 months - might be straining the relationship especially if delivery is delayed!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I took the plunge and ordered a 4 today in Pearl White + Grey Pack but no heatpump (had to draw the line somewhere). Quoted late August delivery to the dealer for September plate, we shall see. Also sold my Ateca so car sharing with my wife for 2 months - might be straining the relationship especially if delivery is delayed!
Same spec as mine ordered 3 weeks ago.

Initially forecast for October, but now saying September.delivery.

141 - 160 of 204 Posts