Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
For those of us hoping our cars are going to be loaded onto the brand new Auto Achieve, it has left Shanghai and due into Pyongtaek on 22nd, so appears to be going to plan.
Fingers crossed our cars have actually been built and are sat at the dockside waiting to be loaded!
... and for those waiting for demo cars for the dealers, Morning Chant is currently approaching Suez, due to reach Immingham in 2 weeks time.

Grand Pavo is currently just off Immingham waiting to dock, but I doubt there are any of the EV's onboard, but the final few e-Niro versions could be there if indeed there are any still to come.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I went to a dealership today to look into ordering the new model Niro eV. Checking what they would offer on my 4+. I was told there is an embargo on orders and that the price has already gone up. So if I did order in advanced I would pay the updated price. I thought any orders in before the end of the month would still catch the current price. Are they correct?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I thought any orders in before the end of the month would still catch the current price. Are they correct?
That's odd, Kia website still has the same prices on it, and I have a bunch of offers from dealers via CarWow all with 30th June expiry dates on them...

The EV6 prices did go up last week on very short notice, so it is not impossible, but certainly can't see any sign of it elsewhere yet...

·
Registered
eNiro 4, (Niro EV 4 HP on order)
1,324 Posts
I went to my local dealership today to look into ordering the new model Niro eV. Checking what they would offer on my 4+. I was told there is an embargo on orders and that the price has already gone up. So if I did order in advanced I would pay the updated price. I thought any orders in before the end of the month would still catch the current price. Are they correct?
I dont believe that is correct either

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went to my local dealership today to look into ordering the new model Niro eV. Checking what they would offer on my 4+. I was told there is an embargo on orders and that the price has already gone up. So if I did order in advanced I would pay the updated price. I thought any orders in before the end of the month would still catch the current price. Are they correct?
I ordered a Niro EV 4 (Orange Flame!) from Bolton Kia today. No mention of embargo’s. He did say that if I’d ordered after 1st July it would be the new price but as long as I’d ordered before it would be fine. He checked the July price list and told me the price was an extra £1700. Not sure if that was his quick maths (he did say the figure very quickly so it may not be accurate). End of October for delivery date but can’t be guaranteed.
Also … there’s around 3 white Niros on a boat. They all have the steel grey pack and heat pumps. If you want one of those it will be middle of August. Bolton Kia is the only dealership owned by Kia, not Arnold Clark etc, so they can see a lot more info that most.
Very good experience today. Excited now!!

·
Registered
eNiro 4, (Niro EV 4 HP on order)
1,324 Posts
For those of us hoping our cars are going to be loaded onto the brand new Auto Achieve, it has left Shanghai and due into Pyongtaek on 22nd, so appears to be going to plan.
Fingers crossed our cars have actually been built and are sat at the dockside waiting to be loaded!
Been told my car was "production complete" on 7th June and has a shipping date of 27th June
Looks like it will be on Auto Achieve (y)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks like it will be on Auto Achieve (y)
No other ships scheduled, so hopefully it will be, but Auto Achieve sails on 24th June to Ulsan to collect Hyundai cars before heading for Tilbury on 30th June arriving 2nd August, then Immingham 3rd August.

These dates do move a bit here and there so looks looks like you are set for an August arrival at the dealers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just to add to the prior discussion, I ordered the Niro EV ‘4’ today, I was told the prices are going up by up to £1700 from beginning of July. Lead time on mine was a rather vague 3-4 months, but they were going to have some ‘2’ spec models in stock July/August.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just to add to the prior discussion, I ordered the Niro EV ‘4’ today, I was told the prices are going up by up to £1700 from beginning of July. Lead time on mine was a rather vague 3-4 months, but they were going to have some ‘2’ spec models in stock July/August.
I guess that means that not all of the 2 spec have been sold yet then, if we are to believe Kia centrally allocate stock/orders and dealers aren't allowed to order them speculatively. Which makes me wonder why I need to wait until mid-August for my car if that's the case?
Just pleased to have it on order, but it really can't come soon enough for me!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ah, yes, that would be a very good reason! :D
You seem to know a lot of detail about the shipping schedules etc, do you work for Kia or just a keen interest in new car logistics?
Just a keen personal interest in figuring out when my car will arrive :)

I would also assume that the scheduling of the ship is to some extent determined by the built up of production that needs to be shipped (both Kia & Hyundai) so any delays there would have some affect as well...

·
Registered
189 Posts
So basically, if our car is not on that ship, we are not likely to see it before September?
Yes, that is a good summary.

'Auto Achieve' will leave PyeongTaek on Friday this week, and will reach Immingham around 3rd August. The cars will reach the dealers middle of August.

Not really enough time to get another ship here much before September.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
1,097 Posts
Is there any general indication as to what cars made it through. I.e. is it all the '2', or '3' models. Or those of particular colour combos. Or heat pump / no heat pump? Presume there is an element of batch building them?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Its all anecdotal unless someone has a close relationship with a dealer and can check the Kia system :)

'Morning Chant' (entering the Suez Canal tonight) seems to have the Dealer demo cars onboard and a bunch of '2' & '3' models based on comments from a few with early delivery dates. That ship is due at Immingham on 4th July.

When I was placing my order the dealer said that pump/no pump wasn't affecting delivery time so both seem to be being produced.

161 - 180 of 204 Posts