Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not an easy one to answer since the Niro was only first released in 2016, but here goes anyway..
I was wondering how well the Nero models generally (including ICE variants) are holding up after 4 or 5 years ? Not thinking just about battery or drivetrain, but more general things like suspension, tyres, rust, paintwork, water ingress etc. Has anyone out there got an early Niro ? Have any specific problems developed ?
I'm looking at getting an e-Niro 3, but would expect (hope) to keep it for at least the full seven years of the warranty - and maybe even longer if I'm still about and able to drive.. !

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
834 Posts
Earliest EV Models are Late 2018 i believe so not that old. You wont find anybody on here to comment on the ICe variants :ROFLMAO:

With the extended warranty though i wouldnt worry.

Reactions: Panda

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I thought about that.. afterwards.. ;) But the reason I mentioned ICE is that someone might have had one in the past before their current ev.. but things like build quality, paint quality or water ingress surely would be common to both as they're based on the same platform..

·
Registered
74 Posts
You might check here:

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 20-month-old Niro PHEV+3, very well built and until last week reliable. Sadly the Infernal Combustion Engine threw a wobbler and fault light appeared. Dealer took a couple of days to declare it is a Lambda sensor problem (under warranty) but the part is on backorder and could take 21 days**!! All cars have problems from time to time (this is my first breakdown in some 20 years as I've had newish cars & all properly serviced) The real test is how the dealership(s) resolve the problem. I now have a hire car from KIA but the absence of my Niro is holding up a part exchange and the extended wait is not causing any concern as far as I can tell (they were not prepared to take a part from another car). I realise this could happen to anyone but it's very frustrating.
Cheers
Update - just had a call to say the part has appeared, get the chariot back on Wednesday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts