Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems there's new software out with a filter for DC chargers (woohoo!) and some sounds of nature, and a nice pink colour scheme:

·
Registered
MY2020 Kia e-Niro 4, received 2 October
33 Posts
Booo! I only picked my car up the other day!

No widescreen Android Auto support still I notice 🤷‍♂️
(I like how the person in the video tries their best to swipe around on the dead space to see if it does anything -- but it does not!)

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,235 Posts
I'm not sure why but I did not notice anything extremely different, except colours? Is that maybe a different skin?

Just watched it again, the user bit is different, right? First time seeing it? Anything else?

·
Registered
389 Posts
That version of software has not hit the US versions yet.

(clarification, that feature set has not been incorporated into the latest US version, our version numbers are way different)

Greg

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,235 Posts

(clarification, that feature set has not been incorporated into the latest US version, our version numbers are way different)

Greg
Do you have the User function?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you have linked your phone and did not see it, you probably don't have it... might check with other Soul owners on that forum...

Greg

·
Registered
389 Posts
So I updated my car some time ago, not long after I got it, so when I saw the title here, figured new meant recently.

I just checked, and indeed, the current US version has the option to filter the chargers by AC or DC... I never tried the filter function since there's nothing free close by, the DC chargers are expensive, and I bought the car for local jaunts, i.e. I never need to charge anywhere but home.

Greg

Greg

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have this new software/firmware update. My screen was intermittently playing up so the dealer had it this week. Screen ok so did an update to this new version with the purple interface. I got an fault light as well for the drive train A position sensor but they said related to software and should be fixed with update. I will attach photos of info screen to show the firmware number. Just spent an hour in the car setting it up again:

There are now profiles and when I got car back current profile was Guest and there were driver 1 and 2 as well. Most of my previous settings were there from before but the connection to UVO account wasn't linked. This was probably my fault as I don't think I bluetoothed to car. Anyway I changed driver 1 to me and reconnected car to UVO. Car asked for mobile used for UVO account and took a few tries because you have to put in the number exactly as on the account which defaults to adding your country code as a prefix i.e. for UK +44*****. You must put the + in which I didn't and would accept it for ages. There is a + on the 0 key and to type this you press and hold the 0 key until it appears. Then sent a confirmation code again which linked car and account. My initial activation date 4 months ago appeared so doesn't matter that new confirmation code was different.

The distance units changed to km which I see others have had problem with on other threads. Took ages to change it but there is a Setting Search tab under Settings. Type in "miles" and it takes you to "Settings > Navigation" and can change it there.

The one thing I cannot work out is how to get the split screen with thirds back? The new home screen has your profile avatar top left, time and map screen. You can swipe this left to get the menu icons. You can also tap the small right hand arrow to show a 2/3 map and 1/3 something else screen and this 1/3 will scroll up or down to whatever you choose in the split screen settings but I cannot get the old screen split into 3 back. If anyone knows how I'd be grateful!
IMG_20201027_174454.jpg
IMG_20201027_174501.jpg
IMG_20201027_174423.jpg

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
413 Posts
One thing I cannot work out is how to get the split screen with thirds back? The new home screen has your profile avatar top left, time and map screen. You can swipe this left to get the menu icons. You can also tap the small right hand arrow to show a 2/3 map and 1/3 something else screen and this 1/3 will scroll up or down to whatever you choose in the split screen settings but I cannot get the old screen split into 3 back. If anyone knows how I'd be grateful!
I am pretty sure it has gone Chickster. Which is a shame. The home page is now effectively the page where you change profile. But as a home page, it is of no benefit as it is a mainly empty blank screen.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes seems to have gone! Home page has some map background but doesn't work as a navigation tool as well as profile name, time and outside temp. It's a waste and you have to change onto another screen to get a double split screen e.g. radio and range or map and range. So many buttons to press when you get in before driving off. You have to confirm on infotainment screen, switch off LKA, turn on auto hold and choose your working screen. Don't bother with password for profile setup as it asks you every time you get in and annoying.

·
Registered
KIA Soul EV 64kWh
347 Posts
Yes seems to have gone! Home page has some map background but doesn't work as a navigation tool as well as profile name, time and outside temp. It's a waste and you have to change onto another screen to get a double split screen e.g. radio and range or map and range. So many buttons to press when you get in before driving off. You have to confirm on infotainment screen, switch off LKA, turn on auto hold and choose your working screen. Don't bother with password for profile setup as it asks you every time you get in and annoying.
I like the old (thirds split) home screen.
The other settings I leave set to default.
I don't like auto hold, and LKA only operates at high speeds so not a problem in town and useful on highways.
Might be different for country drivers, I always drive slowly on narrow lanes where tractors might be lurking...

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,235 Posts
Agreed, although AutoHold is making a come back since I'm driving in peak traffic again.

Reactions: finchlean
1 - 20 of 55 Posts