Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi picked up a new 2.zero yesterday, drives well but concerned about the range, think its a lot lower then the salesman told me of 180, suggest about 130 in real life situations

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, my 'record' in my 30 kWh is 139 miles, so you should do better than that, but not by driving at 75 mph on the motorway! My 'record' was mostly local driving. I suggest that the EPA figure of 150 is more realistic, but in the summer. Of course it will be lower in the winter. I charged on Thursday night and had done 80 miles. That is a real figure, I was down to 2 miles range!

·
Premium Member
11,601 Posts
Hi picked up a new 2.zero yesterday, drives well but concerned about the range, think its a lot lower then the salesman told me of 180, suggest about 130 in real life situations
Welcome and looks a nice car. It is cold at present so range will be lower. Quoting 180 was perhaps on the high side as the Leaf isn't very aerodynamic.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it. Range will be lower in cold weather but driving habits have a huge impact. One good thing about an EV is that you get instant warning of the effect of being heavy footed! Driving an EV enjoyably is in large part a state of mind. It’s ideal for suburban driving. For longer journeys at higher speed it is, as the Nissan blurb itself says, an adventure. It requires the same planning as trips with an ICE presumably had in days gone by or perhaps the early aviators who had to land frequently for a top-up!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, had an i3 prior to this purchase, but don’t think I would take it on a 60 mile return journey, we live in North Devon, so hilly, it was cold and had 2 adults and 2 small children in the car. Bit confused about autopilot as had a Audi about 4 years ago that seemed to do the same thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts